Chapter 9: Surprise, Surprise, Surprise

Ciel <<Notice>>
Skills {Black Flame}
Thoughts 'Gabiru, Gabiru Gabiru'
Expression *Trembling

After the "blessed night" of Rimuru and Shizue they only slept for about 2 hours, which doesn't matter for "beings" like them. Rimuru woke up noticing that his son has retreated(for now) and saw that Shizue was not in bed. Rimuru stood up from his bed and put his clothes on... As he was putting on his clothes, he smelled something coming from the kitchen. Rimuru then goes to the kitchen and he saw Shizue cooking breakfast. He then approaches her and hugged her from the back by wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Good morning love~" Rimuru greeted

"Hmmm... Good morning Anata... Would you prepare the plates, the food is almost done."

"Kiss* Right away ma'am"

Shizue served breakfast which was pancakes with blueberries, butter, and maple syrup.

"Shizu, We have to go to the Dwelling of Spirits right?"

"Aahh! That's right! I forgot! Oh, shoot I forgot to prepare..."

"Hahaha, don't worry I'll help you..."

"Thanks, Anata..."

After breakfast, the couple called a meeting to discuss their business with the Dwelling of Spirits. They decided to bring Ranga with them and Benimaru would be in charge. Veldora will stay at his home here in Tempest because they want to have someone who could handle unexpected situations. It took a lot of convincing but Veldora agreed at the prospect of being the "last line of
defense".

Rimuru P.O.V

The people coming to the Dwelling were Me, Shizue, Milim, Ruminas, and Hinata. Milim and Ruminas know the Spirit Queen is; because she was surprisingly an Ancient Demon Lord like Milim. Her name is Ramiris "Fairy of the Labyrinth". Ruminas gave us a brief history lesson regarding her titles. She goes by many monikers like The Elemental Queen, Guide of Heroes, Administrator, and many more. But to my surprise she was considered the weakest amongst Demon Lords, considering her many titles, she should be at least stronger than Veldora and Milim, no?

When I inquired how someone with such names and responsibilities is so low in their hierarchy, Milim surprisingly had a solemn expression, she was silent as if she remembered something she want to forget. Ruminas were more or less the same, but she was in quite an awkward situation due to my question and took a glimpse of Milim. They didn't answer my question, Shizue then tugged my sleeves implying something which I of course know. So I didn't press any longer.

The journey to Ulgrasia took only half a day, due to us riding on Ranga's back. He was extremely fast, faster than an SR-71 Jet, flying at a speed of 4000 km/h. Some of us were faster than Ranga of course but It was preferable if we just stuck together. We anchored ourselves into Ranga using {Spacial Magic} so that we won't fly off of him. We landed just outside the Republic of Ulgracia because we couldn't risk alerting people. Ranga hid in my shadow and we proceeded to enter.

The remainder of the trip was on foot as we enter a dense forest full of humongous trees, which size wasn't normal in my former world. After a few treks, we made it in front of a huge door embedded in a large tree. Milim took the lead in entering the Labyrinth, we were now inside the labyrinth, and I felt numerous spiritual presences nearby, which was an indicator that we were at the right place. My impression of this place was quite impressive the place is just like those dungeons in RPG games, I saw typical traps, illusions, puzzles, and more.

"Is just like an RPG game huh..." Hinata muttered

' See? Even Hinata agrees with me '

We had been walking for quite some time now, then we heard a voice.