Chapter 11: Raph and Miyuki Vs The Jersey Devil

The same night changes to a lone diner as Miyuki was there to take a break from searching for Raphael. She was waiting for her orange juice that she ordered. The cook arrived and placed the glass of orange juice in front of her.

"Here's your orange juice, miss. Anything else? Burger? Dessert?" The cook asked as Miyuki just shook her head politely.

"No thanks, I'm good." She said as she accepted the glass.

"Okay then, enjoy yourself." The cook shrugs before going to serve another customer.

"Thank you." Miyuki muttered as she took a small sip.

As Miyuki was drinking her orange juice, she looked outside and couldn't help but wonder where Raph was. Somehow she knew he was out there patrolling but still she felt worried about him even after what happened at the apartment.

"Ah, where are you Raph? We're all worried about you." Miyuki whispered softly.

'Me especially...' She solemnly thought.

To try and get her mind off her worries, Miyuki started reading the newspapers. In it, she saw an article about the Nightwatcher and how they were criticizing his vigilante methods which only made her roll her eyes. If only they knew.

"Vigilante huh? The city doesn't know how lucky they are to have someone saving them from dangerous people." Miyuki told herself with a small huff.

Miyuki kept reading the papers. Meanwhile at the radio, the music was playing until it stopped for a report.

"Now that's some music. On to the news, people, recently the city and its people have been experiencing strange and inexplicable sightings. And I don't mean just this vigilante guy known as the Nightwatcher. Word is that there's monsters in the city and people have been going crazy about it. That said Why don't we take one more call about these monster sightings? Southern New Jersey, you're on."

Miyuki sighed discreetly as she couldn't believe how people think the sightings of monsters are somewhat of a scam. She had seen enough to believe that it's true but it's not like she could grab a megaphone and scream in the whole street that the monsters are real. Meanwhile The cook was heading over to a guy reading a newspaper.

"Monster sightings." The guy on the other side of the table scoffs.

The cook pours him another drink then hears something in the freezer room inside the kitchen. He goes to check it out and when he got there to check things out, he was super frightened by what he had just seen. He screamed and yelled as he got out in terror.

"A MONSTER!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!" The cook screamed in fright and terror.

Miyuki got startled as she was gonna ask the cook why he screamed like that.

"What's happening?!" She asked as she stood up from her seat and went over the counter.

"I-I... In the f-f-freezer! I saw it! A red-a red... monster!" The cook pointed to the doors of the freezer fearfully.

"You too, man? People are going crazy in this town, they believe anything the news says." The man with the newspaper said with a grumble.

Miyuki tune him out as she kneeled down in front of the frightened cook.

"A red monster? What did it look like?" She asked as she needs any info just to be sure.

"It looked terrifying! Like some sort of... demon! What are we gonna do?! I know, I should call the cops!" The cook panicked and went to the counter and started pressing the blue button for emergencies while Miyuki shook her head.