One Day

"Ugh.." I woke up, being blinded by the sun that already rose above the horizon. I threw off my blanket, standing up and stretching.

I desperately wanted some coffee.

Although, I recently read that drinking coffee in such quantities as I drink it is harmful to my health.. Welp! I don't give a damn. I live under the same roof with a princess with the habits of a sadist. If you think about it like that, it's more likely that she will kill me way faster than a caffeine overdose.

"Good morning." Chara spoke which made me jump to the side.. I fell to the floor with a loud thump, letting out a mildly irritated groan.

She snickered, offering me a hand to stand up.

"I.. forgot that I allowed you inside the house." I said awkwardly, taking it and standing up.

I looked down at my body, my face growing warm with the faintest of blush.

"Turn around." I said, her making a displeased 'hmph' sound. Though she complied.

I quickly took on my jeans and socks, grabbing my phone and stuffing it into one of the pockets.

Come to think of it, I haven't slept this soundly in a long time. Maybe I felt comfortable in her presence? Comfortable enough not to wake up in the middle of the night and stare at the ceiling for half an hour, trying to fall asleep again. On the other hand.. Maybe I was just exhausted yesterday. Another thought instantly came into my head, and this time a light blush covered my face. I turned my gaze back on Chara.

"You watched me sleep?" I asked, while she giggled.

"Hmm.."

"That's not at answer." I insisted on my question, but after a second it became obvious that Chara would not answer me.

Ugh, whatever.

I went down the stairs towards the kitchen, now grabbing a cup and turning on the electrical kettle, awaiting for it to boil some water.

While doing this I also grabbed some eggs and sugar, taking a whisk and mixing them all together.

"What are you doing?"

"Cooking some pancakes."

I responded to Chara's question, now dropping a portion of flour into the mix and continued on.

The kettle already boiled some water, so I turned it off.

While dividing the dough I made into small portions and dropping them on the frying pan, I continued humming a tune.

"Alright, here's the coffee.." I said, placing the cup aside.

I now returned towards the pan, as few of the pancakes were made already. I dropped them on the dish and placed the pan aside, walking towards the refrigerator to grab a bottle chocolate syrup.

I poured some on the pancakes and left them on the table, now placing the bottle back where it was and shutting the refrigerator, turning around just to see Chara already finishing the pancakes I have made.

She had a bit of chocolate syrup left onto her nose and cheeks, which made me giggle.

"Next time just tell me when you're hungry, will you?" I grabbed the coffee cup, taking a sip out of it.

She hummed a 'mhm', still chewing the remains of pancakes I have made.

I continued to look on her face to a point when our eyes were locked.

"What?" She asked curiously, as I silently pointed towards my cheek.

She realised it likely, wiping off the syrup and consuming it.