Something Hidden

A week had passed since the time of my "reanimation". A week without anything to do except for hanging out with a demon, drawing things or playing games.

That's how I thought at first.

Now that I know for sure that Toriel is way too busy to visit me regularly, I had something on my mind. And of course, as a curious troublemaker, I had to check it out.

I never warned anyone, again.. I just gathered all the stuff I required for my plan and awaited the nightfall to come. Afterwards, I headed out of the house and went towards the place I wanted to see.

Not hard to guess what that place is, eh?

Mountain Ebott.

My Uncle and Chara told me that there's some sort of an excavation going on, and due to that the area around the old mountain is prohibited to enter by any civilian.

You could tell that I break the law, and you wouldn't be wrong technically..

But stupidity oftenly overcomes common sense, so here I am, approaching the area I shouldn't even come close to. So far it all went smoothly, but then I stuck upon a fence and a sign stating:

UNAUTHORIZED ENTRANCE PROHIBITED!

Heh. Sure.

The fence itself wasn't so hard to climb, as I threw my rucksack over it and then climbed afterwards. I quickly grabbed my stuff and now doubled my caution, as for sure there was at least a small Security Force left to see if there aren't any trespassers.

I wasn't wrong, but the thing I saw surprised me.

As soon as I approached to what I thought was the excavation site, I saw people in camouflage. And I almost instantly identified them: It was the National Guard!

But why the hell are they guarding this place?

Yes, the Police of [T/n] is small and also has a few monsters in it, but it wouldn't be the reason to ask a whole Platoon to be sent here. They could've hired any Security Force.

This is starting to look suspicious.

"Hey, you heard that?" I heard the voice close to me, instantly sliding back into the bush which luckily grew right at the hillside.

"Heard what?" The second voice answered and then I heard footsteps.

"I think the source is around here somewhere.." The first Military Man which was generally younger than the second one and was likely too excited about the task they were given scanned the area with his sight, as I snuggled up to the ground and hid my head.

The flashlight's beam came right near me and I stopped breathing. Anything can give me up now, including the fact I wore a Grey Hoodie.

"Like, around here?.." He repeated.

"Don't waste our time!" The second one said in annoyance, grabbing the young's flashlight and turning it off. "There is nothing here, and if there is, it's likely not a human. You heard what happened to those Engineers, right?"

"Y-yeah.." First One responded nervously, slinging his weapon and looking towards his older comrade. "Still hard to believe the Lieutenant allowed it."

"You understand nothing, do you?.." The older Military man shook his head, throwing the cigarette he had right into the bush. And, by absolute luck, it landed onto my hand.. And, it was still hot on one side.

I felt a sting afterwards, but didn't anyhow respond except for shutting my mouth and awaiting for the pain to ease.

"Let's get going already! We wouldn't want to miss the checkup." He said, disappearing in the darkness. That young soldier followed along soonly after.