five, st. tropez

chapter five, st. tropez

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

honeymoon

liked by juliettemarsden, finn, and others

honeymoon thank you for loving Ultraviolence, I'd get my heart broken any day for all of you <3

Comments...
user I love your songs but please stop getting your heart broken by these men who don't deserve you
user can you not bring Jake up? Nothing official has been released about their breakup
user she's written three albums about her exes so chill? I wasn't even referring to him specifically but hey, if the shoe fits
user it's always the Jake Evans fans...

user I want to be a part of Felicity's friend group so bad

user which song is the best ultraviolence song
honeymoon it has to be shades of cool
finn no way, it's west coast
juliettemarsden you're both wrong it's pretty when you cry
user OH MY GOD?

user I can't wait to see everyone who got invited to this party
user same I'm gonna vicariously live through everyone's posts

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

It was unfortunate there was no other occupation where Felicity could openly bash her ex for the world to listen to because, frankly, she was getting sick of all these parties.

Perhaps mixing fiction with fact wasn't the best idea for her songs because her lyrics were dissected and analysed and her fans had concluded she was a party girl constantly getting her heart broken by her shitty exes.

Only half of that was true.

In their defence, she wrote a lot about parties because who would listen to songs about her lounging around her apartment watching tv and crying?

So this was what Jay Gatsby felt must've felt when he threw all those parties. She's never felt more lonely in a crowd of people who were meant to be celebrating her.

Finn was at the airport waiting to pick up Juliette because she had a couple of talk shows in New York while Finn remained in LA to do other publicity shoots for Wednesday. By the time they were done, the party would be over and the couple could rescue her from her own personal hell.

And that was the only thing still keeping her at this party.

Her drink had been empty for the last forty-five minutes and she was worried if she got up, she'd lose her spot on the couch. Honestly, her reasoning was stupid because nobody would fucking sit alone on a couch at a party.

Nobody except her and the boy across the coffee table.

Felicity leaned back into the seat and stared at his face, trying to figure out why he seemed so familiar. Lana, her manager, had a tendency to invite any celebrity and content creator her age to these events and it was exhausting for the both of them to pretend they cared about each other.

Squinting, it finally hit her who the boy was. It was Matt Sturniolo from the video Finn sent.
This was the last place she expected to meet him and especially without his brothers.

"Hey," she slips out. It was too late to back down now. "I'm Felicity, what's your name?" Felicity stuck her hand out and the boy shook it in return.

"I'm Matt. Isn't this your party? Why are you just sitting here?" He shouted loud enough for her to hear him over the booming music.

"I could say the same about you." Felicity retorted, taking a set closer to Matt.

"My brothers are talking to people so I'm here till they're done."

Felicity too made the embarrassing fall down the Sturniolo rabbit hole and almost admitted her knowledge of his existence by asking how
Chris and Nick were doing.

Before the silence could revert them back to two awkward strangers sitting alone together, Felicity swallowed the lump in her throat and gathered all the courage she had.

"Do you want to go get a soda?" She waved the empty cup, and nodded towards the kitchen,
"There might be snacks in the pantry if we search?"

Matt nodded and Felicity let out the breath she had been holding. She had no idea how she had three exes much less keep them because she would rather write country music than go through another talking stage.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

The Holy Trinity
Bitch : Felicity
Asshat : Juliette
Fish fillet : Finn

Asshat
Cece
Finn said we're almost at the place so come downstairs soon
Sorry we're late we went to get snacks for movie night
Finn lost at arm wrestling so we're watching Notting Hill!!

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Felicity stared at her messages and cursed her past self because, for the first time in her life, she wanted to stay.

Even when she was younger, she forced her mom to pick her up early and complained about having a strict mom to her friends. In reality, she just wanted to go home and watch Masterchef with her parents.

"Matt, I have to go." Felicity sighed, "My friends are picking me up and if they didn't have snacks or a movie waiting I'd ditch them in a heartbeat."

"Don't worry about it, I have to check on my brothers anyway."

An idea flashed in Felicity's mind. She handed him her phone number with a blank contact page on her screen. After typing in his phone number and handing back her phone, she grabbed her purse and waved.

"Bye Matt, I'll text you!"

Felicity ran off and shouted into her phone that she was coming downstairs now, leaving a confused and starstruck boy on the sofa.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

This story is heavily inspired by Notting Hill and it might've been a mistake adding it into the story because wouldn't Felicity take a step back and think about how her life is like a movie?

Also fun Easter egg, the chapter is called st. tropez like the Lana del Rey unreleased song also known as party girl.