thirteen, just a fan

chapter thirteen, just a fan

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Matt had Nick pinch him several times to make sure he wasn't dreaming.

He never thought he'd see Felicity perform this closely. Of course, in his imagination, it would be a barricade spot he fought thousands of people for. Never once in my life had he considered he'd be watching her from backstage.

His eyes never left her as she sang, entranced like she was a siren and he was under her spell.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

The concert ended too soon and Matt was swept up with the crowd, clutching onto the bouquet he bought her.

His mom and he went flower shopping, her reassuring him that the kind gesture would be appreciated by Felicity. A smile on her face would be worth the embarrassment and torture his brothers put him through for wearing a button-up and bringing flowers.

Towards the back exit where fans were waiting to catch a glimpse of the singer behind a barricade, Matt looked up at the guard in front of him.

He gulped in response, being glared at normally sent him into a panic and it was much worse when the guy glaring towered over him and could definitely eliminate him with one flick on the forehead.

"Could you please let me through? I'm with Felicity." Matt requested, barely getting it out in a breath.

The guard scoffed in response, "That has never worked once and never will. Stay behind the barricade with the fans."

Matt grabbed onto the barricade as the fans
behind him pushed, reaching out for the singer.

"Felicity!"

The smile on her face grew when she saw him and reached out to grab his arm but the guard from before ushered her forward.

"The car's here, no time for the fans."

Matt felt his heart sink. A fan. It was humbling to hear it but he needed that reality check. He was just a fan and he wasn't sure how long he could hide it.

Felicity paused in her tracks and turned to her guard. "It's okay, Bryan. He's with me. Could you let him out?"

Matt handed the flowers to her and squeezed through the barricade. Nodding her head towards the exit, Felicity smiled one last time at the fans.

"Felicity! Don't trust him!" They whipped their heads towards the fan who shouted. "Don't trust him! He's been a fan of yours for years! He's just using you! Don't trust him."

"Thank you for letting me know."

A hand grabbed him and ushered Matt into the black van waiting for the pair.

"Thank you, Boston! You've been lovely!" Felicity shouted to the crowd of fans and slammed the door shut.

The couple sat in silence, ruminating about the girl's warnings.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

I wonder what Felicity's fans would call themselves. They don't make fandom names like they did in the 2010s