Darkside

Song: Darkside by Neomi

You are one of the last Wendigos left in the world. You were sent to Nevermore to control your beast. No one at Nevermore knows what you are, and Wednesday is determined to find out.

It was another day at Nevermore. I have gotten used to the routine of getting up early and going to class, ignoring everyone around me, getting asked what I am a million times a day, and hiding away in the library until it's time for lights out.

I was told to never tell anyone I am a Wendigo because people fear us more than any other outcast. We were hunted to the edge of extinction, but a few escaped, and we have been living in hiding for a long time. My parents believe that by sending me to Nevermore I can meet new people and maybe that our beast can be controlled by now.

So far I have been able to control myself pretty well, even with people asking me so many questions every day. I have been pushing away everyone around me, because I kind of like the people here, and I fear that one day I might lose control, and then I don't want to hurt my friends, best way to stop that is not to have any friends. Although one girl is pretty persistent, Enid Sinclair. She is always nice to me no matter what I do, but I believe it is because of her roommate Wednesday Addams.

I've heard about the Addams', they are notorious for being dark and murderous. Apparently, Wednesday has made it her mission to find out what I am because she follows me everywhere. She probably thinks that I don't notice how she lurks in the bookshelves, or how she follows me through my walks in the woods, and that's how we got here. Me walking through the woods on a gloomy night, and Wednesday and Enid followed me.

"Do you want to meet all my monsters, Wednesday? Is that why to keep following me everywhere?" I ask into the open, knowing she can hear me. I hear her scoff, and she and Enid come out from behind a tree.

"I want to know what you are, and why you don't want to tell anyone." She says, crossing her arms. I smirk at her and take a step closer, that's when Enid brings out her claws.

"Easy there sunshine, I'm not planning on hurting you. I know you think you're tough, but I know my monster might just drive you bonkers. Meet it once and it'll haunt you forever," she rolls her eyes at my statement, causing me to tilt my head and raise an eyebrow.

"You know, I quite like the idea of going crazy, and I already have so many things haunting me, I don't think your monster will be that terrible." She is always so emotionless, it's kinda hot.

"Wait, Wednesday? What do you mean haunted, we don't have ghosts in our dorm do we?" Enid asks, this girl took on a Hyde alone and she is scared of ghosts, seriously? I chuckle at her before Wednesday turns around to look in her direction.

"Now is not the time Enid." Wednesday hisses at her. I've heard that these two can bicker like an old married couple, but they aren't even together that I know of. Wednesday turns back to me.

"I just want to know what you are, so we can make sure you don't hurt anyone at school. We don't want a repeat of last year." She says, making me roll my eyes. If I wanted to hurt someone, I already would have.

"Listen, there are no heroes or villains in this place for me okay? All I have is shadows that are dancing in my headspace. Look, I am not going to attack anyone. I have my monster under control," I turn to walk away, not in the mood for an interrogation.

"I did some research about you. I found your ancestors were pretty buys, leaving nothing but phantoms in their wake. How do we know we can trust you?" Enid says, her claws still out. I wouldn't be stupid, she is a strong wolf, but they are working on my last nerve.

"You have no idea what you are talking about. I might be a terrible monster, but I am not them. I have never hurt a single human, no matter how bad it gets. I am just here because my family thought that getting us out of hiding would be good. I am done with this conversation." I sneer at them and leave. They don't follow me, and I am thankful.

I walk further into the woods, it's probably already past light out time, but I'm still a bit agitated, and I need to clear my head. That is until I am pinned to a tree by a Hyde. His claws are covered in Datura Stramonium, and I recognize it by its smell. The more common name for this plant is Locoweed, because any animal, person, or outcast that ingests it, goes absolutely crazy. It sneers in my face and scratches me across my chest and stomach.

The monster inside me growls and I scream in pain. The Hyde drops me and runs away. I can feel the Locoweed working through my body, and I can hear the voices. When I open my eyes, they have a ring of purple around them, and my body acts on its own ad I make my way back to Nevermore. I can feel the monster in me taking over, and as much as I try and fight it, I just can't.

I get back to Nevermore, and my claws have started coming out. I run them across the walls of the school, walking down the hall. It feels like I stepped into the havoc of my monster. The scratching of my claws makes a loud noise when I scratch over any metal. I am surprised no one has heard me yet. My eyes have started to glow even more purple as the poison makes its way through my body.

When I make it to the quad, I can feel my entire body vibrating. My monster wants to come out, but I fight to keep him in. I need to take control and get away, but it's so strong. My monster lets out a loud growl, and I hate the sound of it. That must have woken up some people.

Just as I thought, Principle Weems comes out and looks over at me. I can also see a few students coming out. I don't think anyone has noticed my claws or my purple eyes.

"Miss L/N, why are you out here waking the entire school?" she scowls at me. I turn my head, and my eyes lock with hers, she lets out a gasp when she sees my glowing purple eyes.

"I am walking the line between panic and losing my mind," I growl out, I don't even know if it's me or my monster talking. That's when I spot her. Wednesday. She is standing not far from Weems, her eyes are wide.

She goes to take a step forward, but Weems stops her. I can't seem to take my eyes off her. There is something about her that even my monster finds calming. Even with Weems stopping her from coming closer, she still talks to me.

"Y/N, you told me earlier you don't want to hurt anyone. Let's not make you a liar okay?" her voice is soft. I drop my head in my hands and everyone gasps when they see my claws. My veins have started glowing purple as well. That is when something inside me snaps.

"Yes, but now I am embracing the madness," I say, my voice and face void of emotions. I can feel the monster crawling beneath my skin.

"My devils, they whisper in my ear. They are deafening me with all my fears. I am living in a nightmare," The first part was my monster talking, but I know the last part was me. I got through, it wasn't for long. Wednesday breaks free from behind Weems and moves to stand closer to me. She looks into my eyes.

"What are your fears?" She asks in almost a whisper, causing everything inside me to relax for a second.

"Hurting you," I say, dropping my head and breaking eye contact. She slowly places a hand on my cheek and lifts my head. Our eyes lock once again, and for a second my eyes flicker back to their original colour.

"Help," I whisper, before my eyes glow purple again. I step back from her.

"There are parts of me I cannot hide. I have tried and tried a million times." Breathing deeply. It feels like I am about to explode. My monster wants to come out, and I can't hold her back much longer.

"Cross my heart and hope to die. Welcome to my Darkside." My monster growls out. And that is all it takes, my body gives in and I shift into my monster. I hunch over and scream in pain as my bones grow and break. Everyone around me gasps and I can hear some screaming.

I stand up. My monster towering over everyone. My eyes lock onto the closest person to me, and that just happened to be Wednesday. I growl and step closer to her. I try and fight my monster, but I'm not strong enough. I need to keep fighting.

I can't hurt her...

The playlist for the book is in my bio

Oop, if you want a part 2, I need song requests!