𝟬𝟭, like a crime documentary

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘
episode one

      john b — much to the pogue's disappointment at the expectancy of something valuable — returned to the surface showcasing a motel key. And after failing to inform the coast guard due to the chaos of hurricane Agatha, collectively they decided to check out the motel. Pope was more difficult to convince, but AJ reassured him; "I'll bodyguard you." with a wink, which ultimately caused a roll of his eyes before following the others.

   It wasn't exactly a lavish five star motel — no, it was more as if a drug addict was a building. The walls were dull and crumbling, infested with ivy intertwined with the cracks within the stone. Though the hurricane's aftermath may have contributed to its demolished exterior, even previously the building could be described as a 'meth lab' ( according to Kiara ).  "And I thought the chateau looked bad." JJ whistled, unimpressed by the miserable motel.

   "Don't shit talk the chateau." AJ complained, earning a glare from JJ in return. She considered the chateau her home. The luxurious, expensive, extremely spacious . . . shack, that John B's father proudly named accurately, earned AJ's affection as it became a way to avoid her problems. Several months ago, when she moved to the cut, she wished to escape from her past. As time passed by, it had seemed to slowly creep back up on her, and therefore the chateau became her safe haven. A place to crash and where John B kept all her favourite food. Her grandmother, in regards to sweet treats, only ever had cookies in her cupboards. So, JB's stock kept her sane. However she was aware the chateau didn't exactly live up to its name.

    As the HMS Pogue drifted to the shore, JJ hopped off and anchored it down. AJ, buttoning her shirt over her, stepped off the boat beside him and glanced at the building — in complete wreck. Mattresses, lamps, nightstands and other bedroom furnitures were scattered around — stained and rotting. While moss infected the walls and floors, the roof tiles partially littered the ground. "Oh yeah. Definitely the kind of place some kook with a fancy-ass boat would stay." AJ commented as her eyes scanned the place.

  "Hey." Pope caught the attention of them all, just as John B began to hop off the boat. "Don't let him do anything stupid." He looked between AJ and John B, pointing an accusing finger towards the defensive blonde.

   "He's always stupid." AJ shrugged with furrowed brows, assuming it was common knowledge. John B swiftly knocked his shoulder into her, shoving her slightly to prevent any initiation of bickering. He was never particularly fond of their hatred for one another; AJ was practically his sister, and JJ was his best friend. He wished the two could get along, but AJ would swear on her grave that the day she enjoys the company of the messy blonde would be the day she had a hundred thousand dollars in her hands.

   "We'll be good." John B reassured him, speaking over AJ's comment while JJ rolled his eyes at her, mocking her speech as he began to walk towards the motel. AJ followed, approaching the porch lined with dusty doors — some open with cleaners dragging wrecked furniture outside. From the distance, AJ could see John B talking to Kiara as she stood at the bottom of some stairs on the porch — JJ beside her, his glare stuck to her back.

   Finally approaching them, John B rolled his eyes as he essentially entered the aura of the pairs created loathing. Just being around the two of them for longer than a few seconds and anybody would leave on account of the tension. John B just simply had the great misfortune of being their best friend. "Lets go, you two." John B gestured his hand up to the stairs, signalling them to begin walking.