𝟬𝟮, skittles and red solo cups

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢
episode one

    aj was on the verge of punching jj. This was not an abnormal occurrence. In fact, it was so expected of the two of them, that John B was prepared to pull her back if she did decide to swing. She grinded her teeth as she watched him hold the gun from the motel, showing it off to the others. "Would you quit worrying?" He rolled his eyes, noticing her pissed off I'm-about-to-strangle-you face. "I know how to handle a gun." He reassured her in confidence, though to no avail.

"Fine." She shrugged, glaring at him. "If you accidentally shoot yourself, J, expect the words 'I told you so' on your grave, okay?"

"Worried for my safety there, Av?" He smugly replied, a condescending undertone that set AJ off. She took a threatening step forward that caused John B to hurriedly stand from his seat and put his hands on her arms. She flinched at the sudden touch before he casually pulled her back and sat her down. She crossed her arms as he let go, then rolled her eyes, letting it go.

"Dude, why would you take that from a crime scene?" Pope scolded him as JJ stood from his seat, walking to stand beside him. He attempted to justify his kleptomania, but none of the pogues were convinced. "I'm gonna lose my merit scholarship." He spoke in disappointment, always worried for his future. AJ didn't blame him, if anything she admired him for something she lost a while ago.

"At least you have us, right?" JJ smiled, shushing him with the gun tapping his lips, causing AJ to scoff and look at the water below. JJ got on her nerves as easy as fish swam in the sea. And vice versa. "Hey, don't put all the blame on me. AJ was the one that took the money." And out came a perfect example of why that was.

"Accidentally!" AJ attempted to defend herself. She never intended on stealing, it just happened.

"How do you steal a stack of money accidentally?"

"Do you want me to push you into the water again?" She gave a daggering glare his way as JJ rolled his eyes, muttering a response under his breath that she couldn't hear. She was glad she didn't. If she did, she probably would end up punching him.

As the pogues slowly came to shore, they dropped AJ off at her house. A quaint blue home surrounded by colourful flowers and greenery. It was the definition of 'grandma's house' - very floral, light and consumed by the smell of cookies. The pogues waved her goodbye from the dock before they left, and she made her way to the front door.

AJ had been living there, with her grandmother Q, for the past year. It was why she became friends with the pogues, and why she went from being your stereotypical kook to barely affording the clothes on her back. However what always confused John B, whenever he came to think about his friend's move to the cut, is the fact that she chose that life. She chose to move away from Figure 8, luxuries and riches for a reason she would never tell him - or anyone for that matter. Her mother, mostly unintentionally, had always taught her to keep her life private. Be secretive and hide the things that make you vulnerable. Because the only thing they'll do is get you hurt. AJ lived by that.

Moving to the cut was the result of some dark things that she refused to let herself think about. It never really ended well if she did. She felt overwhelmed, to say the least, and to get away from her problems she ran until she found that little blue house. None of her family enjoyed the idea of her absence, but after many arguments they negotiated enough to let her stay for a while.

"Hey, I'm home!" AJ called out as she closed the door behind her, tossing her key's onto the wooden cabinet beside the entrance. The only unfortunate reason that she departed from the pogues was due to her grandmother's paranoia - she had established the rule of limiting her to only three hours away from home before she had to check up on her again. Usually, she would just call her, but due to the hurricane and consequentially a lack of signal, she had to visit her instead.