𝟬𝟰, list of near death experiences

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥
episode one

    as aj had planned, she stayed at john b's. Dragging him home with the pogues after the incident on the beach was an awkward travel. Pope mostly filled what would have been silence with his lectures about JJ's recklessness. AJ didn't care to comment, far too intoxicated and exhausted to even try. By the time they all arrived at the chateau, AJ collapsed onto her best friends old bed and swiftly fell asleep. Such an eventful night made her want to sleep forever, embody the nickname JJ gave her a few mornings ago and sleep for a hundred years to hide from her problems.

Despite her wishes, her eyes peeled open to the bright sun that bled through the curtains she failed to close the night before. Her long dishevelled hair surrounded her, and upon lifting herself up she noticed the blanket that had been tossed over her body by Kiara before she had left to return home. A headache began seeping into her skull and pounding away as her feet dragged her to stare at herself in the mirror. Her mascara was smudged and the bags under her eyes were particularly visible. She groaned and looked down at the clothes from last night with exhaustion. She quickly changed and stole a shirt from the floor that seemed clean enough, throwing it over her body to see it fall just to her thighs.

Her eyes lingered on the spot, a pit in her stomach that she couldn't distinguish as the hangover or the sight of her body before pulling the blanket off the bed and wrapping it around her. She left herself to just the oversized shirt and socks, covered by a giant blanket that dragged behind her on the floor as she opened the door to the living room.

"Mornin' Aurora." JJ's voice immediately pierced her ears - in the kitchen with the fridge door open and a soda in his hand.

"Fuck off, JJ."

"Well, aren't you a ray of sunshine." He barely even glanced in her direction as he turned around and grabbed a glass from the cupboard. "And as much as I love our pleasant chats, the rest of the scooby gang is outside." He continued and walked back to her with the glass now filled with water. His hand extended with the drink and a smug smirk printed onto his face. She took a few moments to glare before taking it from him and sipping the water. As she did, the blanket around her shoulders fell down her arms slightly, and JJ's face suddenly became incredibly amused.

"What?" She asked sternly with a roll of her eyes.

"Nothin'" He could barely contain a grin, and walked away without another word. AJ just furrowed her brows, pulling an irritated face at him before following with the glass of water. She kept the blanket, not worried about it dragging into the dirt  as she figured she would just wash it for John B at her grandma's. Walking to the shed where scattered chairs that were slowly falling apart were sat on by the pogues, and surfboards were propped onto the wall, she took a seat beside Kiara and put her drink aside.

"How's the hangover?" Kiara asked in a softer tone, tapping the bongos lightly. AJ was about to respond, but her friend's brows furrowed and looked down. "Is that JJ's shirt?"

Sniggering in the corner, AJ glared at him and threw a pillow his way. "Great. Now I'll have to take ten million showers before I can feel clean again."

Before their bickering could continue, John B came around the corner. His black eye was incredibly more present than the night before. Then again, it was dark and AJ was seeing two of him. The deep purple circled his eyes in a painfully prominent colour, causing AJ's stomach to suddenly boil with her growing vendetta against Topper.