𝐢𝐯. breaking the silence.

❪ 𝗗𝗘𝗩𝗜𝗟'𝗦 𝗔𝗗𝗩𝗢𝗖𝗔𝗧𝗘 ❫

𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━breaking the silence

breaking the silence. ╱ season four, episode nine.

FRANKIE WAS ALWAYS described as a hyper child. There was never a time when she would just sit down, she was always moving. While doctors called it rapid ADHD, her mother just thought she just had an exuberant soul. Frankie liked being the life of the party, always trying to get people to smile or laugh. She felt like she had accomplished something if she was able to get someone to crack a smile. While she thought it was an important thing nowadays, making people laugh was harder than it once was. Now with the constant death and horror, Frankie had a more difficult time finding things to joke about. No one wanted to smile, there wasn't a reason to.

Sometimes she wasn't the greatest at reading social cues, so occasionally she would push a few buttons by spitting out a small joke, which would usually get accompanied by strange stares and silence. And especially with the predicament they were in right now, there were constant quiet and odd stares following her jokes, and it was eating her up inside. Most of them came from Charlie, who stood broodingly in the corner of the room with his arms crossed. Practically every time she opened her mouth a dramatic eye roll would get thrown at her Charlie.

She knew he didn't like her, she knew that ever since the glare he threw her when he pointed his gun at her face. But his dislike for her wasn't going to make her go silent, she wasn't gonna take it sitting down. While there was a part of her that knew she shouldn't push him further, the bigger part wanted him to like her and become her friend. So she decided that she was going to try to make him like her no matter what. But there had been some hiccups in her plan. Every time she attempted to nonchalantly wander over in Charlie's direction, he suddenly decided to move to another place in the house.

While she was most definitely getting the hint, it didn't stop her. She was going to wear him down. Even if they had a small conversation and got to know each other, she was sure Charlie would begin to like her, like who wouldn't?

And there wasn't really much else to do, they were all just sitting around waiting for Carl's father to wake up. Gabi, Sydney, and Carl all sat together in the living room, taking shifts either watching over the unconscious man or making rounds within the house, making sure nothing or no one was trying to get inside. There was a bit of hesitance stirring in Frankie due to the supposed leader of Carl's group. While looking at him now, he seemed intimidating, even with the puffy bruises and gashes on his face. She just knew he was not one to mess with.

As time passed, Frankie could still not believe she had ended up here. At the beginning of the day, there was no way that she would've thought she would save a stranger from biters and be asked to find the rest of his group. There was an adventure in the midst and Frankie was ecstatic. But she contained her new sense of purpose because, at the end of the day, Carl's father got the last word. If he didn't like the look of them, he could easily tell them to take a hike or even kill them. But something bubbling in Frankie's stomach made her think he wouldn't do that. Call it a gut feeling, but she felt like he would accept their help. And it would give Frankie's life new meaning.