𝐱. we can make it out.

❪ 𝗗𝗘𝗩𝗜𝗟'𝗦 𝗔𝗗𝗩𝗢𝗖𝗔𝗧𝗘 ❫

𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝖾𝗇 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━we can make it out

we can make it out. ╱ season five, episode one.

SITTING IN THE darkness of the train car felt like a waiting game to the redhead. Every creak of the metal car made her anxiously twitch, just waiting for the moment Gareth's men came surging in, taking them away individually. It seemed to her that she was the only one sitting by, waiting for that moment to come. The others bustled around her, creating make-shift weapons, and talking about the plan quietly amongst the different groups. Frankie felt lost in the moment, she felt useless. What could she do to help them? She was barely a survivor, let alone a fighter.

Her belt was taken long ago, to make something that can be used to fight back. She could hear others catching up, filling each other in on what had happened in the past week, and where the rest of their group was. Frankie and her small group felt out of place, they were there, ready to fight. But they weren't a part of this tight-knit group. She didn't want to overstep, she already knew the odd glances she'd received from Rick, Daryl, and Michonne weren't exactly accepting. There was a guilt still looming over her because of what happened last night. She was scared that even taking one more step could make their situation so much worse.

Time didn't exist in this train car, it was like they had lost their concept of time. Minutes and hours meshed together. Leaving uncertainty to wash through the group of people. Voices wandered up and down the roads outside, making it difficult to pinpoint the sound. But Daryl stood guard, keeping his eyes on the crack in the train door.

"Alright, got four of them pricks coming our way."

Frankie perked up at the words as adrenaline flooded her veins, she stood from her spot next to Carl. Without any words, the girl was handed a small yet thick piece of wood, tip sharpened to a point. She sent the younger boy next to her a small grateful smile.

"Y'all know what to do. Go for their eyes first, then their throats."

Rick's words followed the man as he made his way to the train car entrance, waiting to spring once the door opened. People surrounded him, their weapons rising with each second, waiting for their moment to come. Frankie held her stake tightly, her grip so secure that she thought it drew blood.

"Put your backs to the walls on either end of the car, now."

Even with the directions, none of them bothered to move, determined to take these men out. But something changed the moment loud steps echoed from the top of the train car. All of them looked around at each other in surprise the moment they heard a deafening clink as something dropped to the floor of the train car.

There was a panicked silence as people tried to decipher what was dropped in, but it wasn't long before Abraham tensed, dodging as far away from it as he could. "Move!"