𝐯. the big three.

❪ 𝗗𝗘𝗩𝗜𝗟'𝗦 𝗔𝗗𝗩𝗢𝗖𝗔𝗧𝗘 ❫

𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━the big three

the big three. ╱ season four, episode eleven.

FOR JUST A MOMENT Frankie had forgotten where she was, only focusing on the comfort and warmth of the blanket that engulfed her body. She relished in the relaxation her sleepy haze was giving her. She could vaguely hear the birds chirping as she floated in and out of consciousness. Even after the hours she had slept, exhaustion still hung at her eyes and made it almost impossible to open them. She could feel the morning sun drift through the window, hitting her face with annoying accuracy. Due to the blinding light, she was slowly getting dragged out of her sleepy haze.

It wasn't long before reality crept in. Her current state of comfort was long gone as she peeled her eyes open to an empty room. She was quick to remember where she was and turned to face the door. Looking out the hallway, she noticed that it was also vacant as well. She guessed Charlie finally got the hint.

Sliding out of the warm confinements, Frankie padded toward the bathroom, hoping to find some type of hairbrush she could use. There were times when she slightly cared about her appearance and today was that day. She knew when she walked downstairs she would be meeting Rick officially and she didn't want to meet with a large snarl on the back of her head.

It wasn't long before she located a hairbrush and brushed her greasy hair down enough that the snarl was long gone. When she was placing the hairbrush back on the counter she noticed a few lonely jars of nail polish. She smiled lightly to herself, picking up the pale pink one and examining the bottle. Upon opening it, she realized that it was still good, and she thought it wouldn't hurt to brighten up her nails. She knew it was unnecessary and dumb, but it brought her some type of normalcy that she craved.

Just as she was about to brush the pink liquid on her nails when she heard voices arise from the floors below. She remembered the people beneath her feet and quickly closed up the bottle. Looking in the mirror, she took a deep breath, attempting to shake away the building nerves that flowed through her veins. The impending awkward interaction itched at the back of her brain. She just knew it wouldn't be anything she could prepare herself for. She was intimidated, even with the man being unconscious the entire time she had seen him so far, she could just tell he was someone not to mess with.

And she didn't know if he truly would like her, or hell, even accept her. Charlie's words of doubt washed over her. He's known the man much longer than her, so he must know what he will be like. And if the boy was already expecting a bad reaction, she knew he had to be right. Deep down she was questioning it, he could've easily just said it to mess with her, but her anxiety and fear were overpowering her ability to think rationally.

But instead of avoiding the inevitable, she stared at herself in the mirror, taking a deep breath as she psyched herself up. She wished the anxiety twisting in her stomach didn't exist, she wished that she wasn't waiting for the impending negative answer. She wished meeting someone new didn't mean possible banishment. She wanted to be there for Carl, she knew her attachment to the kid wasn't the greatest, but she knew he wasn't what he seemed. She wanted to break through his icy walls and find who he really was. She knows he's not as he seems, she knows he's not full of anger. There is a kid behind those cold eyes, and she'd be damned if she didn't find it.