𝐯𝐢𝐢. finding meaning in the mess.

❪ 𝗗𝗘𝗩𝗜𝗟'𝗦 𝗔𝗗𝗩𝗢𝗖𝗔𝗧𝗘 ❫

𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━finding meaning in the mess

finding meaning in the mess. ╱ season four, episodes
fifteen & sixteen.

TERMINUS.

THE WORD LEFT a glimmer of hope to rise within Frankie's chest as the poster lay imprinted in her mind. She didn't know if the place would have a good outcome for them, but for the first time in a while, she had hope in a place she could call home. She just wanted a safe place she could rest her head at night, she had been aching for that since she had left her father. Frankie spent her time, waiting, searching for a place that she could trust. While most of herself were very skeptical, there was a small part that hoped it would be true. The survivors had come across the posters and maps as they made their way down the train tracks.

They had been moving non-stop for the past hour or two and randomly came across a train car that had a banner attached to it along with a map leading to a place called "Terminus". Sanctuary for all. Community for all. Those who arrive, survive. Frankie had stared at the words for a long time, trying to believe the words, to wonder if this place was actually legit.

She looked around her and immediately knew what the answer was going to be as she noticed all the glimmers of hope and intrigue around her. Frankie connected the place to reunite a spot for Carl's group. She was immediately in when Carl asked his dad if they could go. And the man agreed. With Rick's final say, they all began toward the unfamiliar place with a prayer that it would meet their expectations.

There was a part of Frankie's brain that itched and itched with the thoughts and fears that surrounded the men that were left in the neighborhood that her group had just abandoned. She could feel in her bones that they were hunting them, she just knew it. Frankie relentlessly threw her concerns at Rick, but the man just pushed them off, saying that they would end up being perfectly fine.

Frankie wasn't the only one doubtful of the man's blatant confidence. Sydney and Gabi were holding the same uncertainty as they tossed looks at each other. They didn't understand how he could be so assured that they wouldn't catch up, that they wouldn't be vengeful after one of their people was now dead. Frankie knew her head was on the chopping block and she was at a point where she was counting down the hours until her fate was sealed. She could just feel they were behind them, waiting to strike.

The train tracks felt never-ending as she trudged along in tow with Gabi, subconsciously scuffing her boots against rocks as she walked. The girl with braids seemed to be in her own world as they moved together. There wasn't much that had been said between the two since they found each other again. There was a slight fear that trickled into Gabi's eyes when she saw the blood that covered Frankie's arms and hands. The girl didn't even bother to ask Frankie what happened, knowing her answer.