5

"Going somewhere, you two? Or just getting accustomed to where you'll be working?"

I gritted my teeth as she stalked over and gripped my jaw, the amusement in her eyes infuriating me further. Buzzing reached my ears — louder and angrier than before — until it got unbearable. My gaze shifted to the left, expecting to see Daniela again. I did. And two other women.

Their souls weren't as blinding as Daniela's, but they were certainly interesting. The maroon soul faded into a woman with a similar attire to Daniela — her gold eyes seemingly being the indicator that she was part of Miranda's fucked up family. Her blonde hair framed her face and as I followed her hair down, I noticed her necklace was very similar to Daniela's — a ruby being the gem of her collar.

'Fuck... Why does she have to be hot too?! Can't I catch a break?!' My eyes shifted to the teal soul and I felt my heart stutter. Bright gold eyes stood out against the black dress and the black hair of the third person, knocking the air out of my lungs. 'They're so much more attractive when I can see them better—. If we'll be working in the same castle they live in... Maybe it won't hurt to stay a bit — a vacation from our duties as soldiers.'

"My liege," Hunter hissed next to my ear, jolting me out of the trance as she pulled me away from Miranda. "We are leaving. You cannot stop us — you don't want to fight us."

"I still have a bone to pick with you," Daniela hissed at Hunter, causing my heart to flutter. "The short one still owes me a bite too."

"I think I'll let you bite me now," I muttered to everyone's shock — causing a loud buzzing to fill the air before Daniela looked flustered. "Ah-."

The next thing I knew, I was on the floor and my sight was blurry, a squeak leaving me rather than words of confusion. 'RUN!' Hunter's voice sounded in my head as everything processed. I sprinted toward an open door as my tiny heart pounded against my chest. 'Rats, Hunter, really?!'

'I fucked up the spell, okay!?'

'YOUR MOTHER IS THE GODDESS OF MAGIC-.'

'FOCUS ON LIVING!'

I narrowly dodged the metal claws that came down, sending a silent prayer to any god that could help. A growl filled the air when we slipped into the hallway, heels clicking against the floor not too far behind us. "A rat can't run from the dragon's claws!"

'Oh great,' I internally groaned when the man from before stepped into view. 'He's back again.'

'Can you-.'

I was snatched up by the brunette — her eyes shining brighter as she began to squeeze. Daniela snatched up Hunter and giggled as she squeezed, making me panic momentarily. I struggled more before the spell wore off — making it easier for the brunette to restrain me. Her arms snaked under my arms before moving up to grip my shoulders, holding me tight against her body. I tensed when she giggled next to my ear, the smell of copper nearly overwhelming my senses.

"Stop trying to run," She hissed and moved a hand to my throat, wrapping around it tightly. "We're not going to let you leave."

"You don't want to-," I paused when her fangs grazed across my neck.

"Careful, prey," She hissed before moving away from my neck. "We already have to punish you later."

"Take them back to the cells," Alcina stated coldly, her gold eyes narrowing at me. "And put a muzzle on that one."