014

"i love you to the moon and back." joe said before he hung up the phone.

to the naked eye, this seems like a regular way of saying the famous three word, eight letter phrase. but it isn't, it never has been for joe and tara.

it takes 2000 gallons of gas to get to the moon and back to earth, hypothetically of course. your heart pumps 2000 gallons of blood a day.

so, with that being said, every time someone tells you they love you to the moon and back, they are basically saying they love you every time their heart beats, which is constantly.

ever since tara had figured that out, her heart skipped eight beats when he said it to her. and he knew what it meant to, they had a silent understanding of it.

tara also has a special place in her heart for the moon and stars.

when tara was younger, her parents would always stargaze with her. they would watch them and she would point out the north star and the constellations.

when she was younger, she had the plastic glow in the dark stars on the ceiling of her bedroom that she begged her dad to put up for her.

currently, tara was getting ready for a date. her first date ever, embarrassing, i know. with the help of lily, charlie, and rory, she chose a red dress.

she paired it with high heels and put her hair in a fancy half up half down style. she doesn't really wear much makeup, but put on some clear mascara and red lipstick to match the dress.

she heard the doorbell, and gathered her purse to meet joe. she walked down the stairs, just like in all those cheesy hallmark movies. like hermione from harry potter.

"have fun you two." rory said before she scurried back into the living room to join charlie and lily.

"you look beautiful." joe said taking a step back to get a better look.

"thank you," tara said, she hoped the redness wasn't too visible on her cheeks. "you look nice, too."

joe was wearing dress pants and a white button up. he looked a little too good.

once tara was outside, she ultimately stopped in her tracks. "what?" joe asked turning around, wondering why she dropped.

tara had never seen that car before. it was a black aston martin, it had no roof and it was single handedly the best car tara had ever seen.

after almost 3 minutes, tara got in the car. she didn't even know joe had a second car.

"where are we going?" tara asked once he pulled off.

"places." he replied with a smirk, tara hated surprises.

"do you want to put on music?" joe asked.

"sure." tara replied, she never passed up the chance to listen to music. she put on her playlist.
summertime sadness by lana del rey started playing first.

it was quite fitting for the night she was having. it was a full moon, she was wearing a red dress and heels, they were driving on the highway, definitely not 99 though.

tara put her arm out the car, well, window, but there wasn't one there. she soaked in the warmth of the wind that was flying through the air.

thankfully most of her hair was out of her face or she would look insane. "i'm feeling electric tonight." tara sang dangling her arm out the window, she was feeling electric.

tara loved times like these. hot summer nights, mid july, the city lights, she loved it all.

they were driving around the city for about 30 minutes before they left it, they went somewhere else.

the closer they got to their destination, the less cars they saw. "we are here." joe said as he pulled in.

where was here? it was just a field of grass. "you might want to take your heels off." joe suggested.

tara shot him a confused look but took her heels off anyway. tara got out of the car, along with joe.

"what are we doing?" tara asked. it was a very dark field, the only source of light being the moon. "i feel like i'm about to get murdered."

"i promise i'm not going to murder you." joe said with a chuckle. he took her hand and led her to the middle of the field.

joe motioned for tara to sit down, she did and he sat next to her. "look." joe said motioning for her to look at the sky. "wait, lay down first." he said. tara laid down, joe did too.

"what am i supposed to be looking at?" tara asked.

"the placement of the moon and the stars are exactly how they were the day that we met." joe said.

"really?" tara asked, a smile present on her face.

"mhm." joe nodded, he smiled as well.

they laid there like that for a while, tara pointing out constellations to joe.

secretly, he didn't know what on earth she was talking about, but he did like watching her get excited over them.

"do you want to dance?" joe asked.

"mhm?" tara replied, where would they get music from.

"that one song you put on, summertime sadness i think?" joe said. "it said something about a red dress and dancing in the moonlight."

"okay." tara said with a smile, they stood up. tara's heart was doing somersaults. this is the best day of her life.

"we don't have music." tara said. she put her hands loosely around joe's shoulders as he placed his on her waist.

"sing that song then." joe asked.

"i'm not a good singer." tara said with a laugh.

"i'm not either, i'll sing it with you." joe suggested. did he even know the words?

"kiss me hard before you go." tara started singing. they swayed to the imaginary beat of the song. "summertime sadness."

"i got my red dress on tonight. dancing in the dark in the pale moonlight." tara sang.

"you are supposed to sing with me." tara said playfully smacking his chest.

"i'll sing the parts i know." joe said.

"nothing scares me anymore." tara sang. "one, two, three, four." joe sang, then he spun her.

"kiss me hard before you go." they both sang together, tara leaned her head on joe's chest now.

joe placed a kiss on the top of her head. "i don't know anymore of the words." joe admitted.

"let's sing a different one then." tara suggested. she thought of a song.

"how do you feel about cherry by harry styles?" joe suggested. joe burrow suggested a song by harry styles.

"i love it." tara replied. they began singing it together.

they sang a couple more songs together, then they started the walk back to the car.

joe began humming a song that tara quickly recognized.

once they got back to the car, tara put the song joe was humming on. i'm yours by jason mraz.

joe smiled to himself, although tara did see it. the pair started singing along on the drive back to tara's house. "but i won't hesitate no more, no more. it cannot wait, i'm yours." they sang.

when the lyrics said, i'm yours. joe purposely waited until that part to interlock his had with tara's. "your so cheesy." tara said shaking her head.

the song ended and a new one started playing, tara got excited about it, joe obviously didn't know the song.

"i said remember this moment." tara said with a smile. long live by taylor swift was one of her favorites.

tara sang that, along with plenty of other songs on the way home. life couldn't get any better than this.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

this chapter was written because of 1-800-ULTRAVIOLENCE