016

au: i messed up with chapter number so that's why it skips fifteen also, im debating on uploading the casting for my new story idk if i should

currently, tara was at the grocery store buying stuff for pasta. her and joe were having pasta night together at his house.

once she bought everything, she drove over. she didn't have to buy noodles, joe was making them from scratch.... hopefully he can cook.

once tara walked in, which his door was unlocked, she heard music coming from the kitchen.

once she got to the kitchen, she found a flour covered island with a big bowl of uncooked noodles on it. joe in a flour covered apron, who somehow managed to get flour in his hair.

"what is going on in here?" tara asked walking into the kitchen, finally making her presence known.

joe wiped his hands on a hand towel and swung it over his shoulder so it laid there. "hi." joe said quickly planting a kiss on her lips then getting back to cooking the noodles.

"how am i supposed to make the meatballs if there is flour all over the counter?" tara asked. joe went to clean it off.

in the meantime, she put the pasta sauce in a pot and put it on low heat. she added a couple of seasonings.

"so," joe asked, speaking over the music. "what movie are we gonna watch while we eat?"

"mmmm, i don't know." tara asked. "how do you feel about grease?"

"i love it." joe responded. "i've always wanted to be danny zuko for halloween."

"i've always wanted to be sandy for halloween." tara said with a laugh.

"well i think we just found our halloween costumes." joe said.

as if the timing couldn't be any better, summer lovin' from grease started playing.

"summer lovin, had me a blast." joe sang, whipping out some crazy dance moves.

"summer lovin, had me a blast." tara sang, using her hand as a microphone.

"i met a girl, crazy for me." joe sang, grabbing tara's hand.

"met a boy, cute as can be." tara sang, placing a kiss on joe's cheek.

after they finished cooking and dancing to about the entire grease soundtrack, dinner was done.

"my parents and sister are coming over tomorrow, they really want to meet you." joe said before taking a bite of his pasta.

tara nearly choked. his family wants to meet her?
"are you ok?" joe asked, wondering why she reacted the way she did.

"i'm good," tara said. "i just didn't think your family knew about me. let alone wanted to meet me."

"my family has known about you since the day i met you." joe said. "and why wouldn't they want to meet you? you're amazing."

tara smiled. "when did you get a sister?" tara asked, the last she remembered, he didn't have one.

"she's four, her name is mckenna." joe said. "do you think you can make it?"

"what time, i have a shift from 9-2 tomorrow." tara said. she hoped it didn't interfere when his family was coming over.

"they're coming at three." joe responded.

• • •

tara just finished up her shift for today, and she is currently on her way home to change before she heads over to joe's.