018

au: here are the final three chapters!!

"could you grab my phone out of my room for me?" joe asked. "it's on my desk."

currently, everyone was over at joe's house, they were having game night. tara got up from the couch and went to joe's room.

she couldn't find it on the desk, so she looked in it. she found a couple pieces of paper. they were all filled with words, tara didn't mean to eavesdrop, but she couldn't help but read them.

june 21, 2020

i signed to the bengals recently. and wow, was it one of the best experiences of my life. i wish that tara was here to experience this with me. i miss her so much. i've been thinking about her a lot recently.

there are so many things i wish i could tell her and ask her. tara reminds me of sunday mornings, quiet ones. she's so perfect and her smile is so warm. she sounds like a favorite song or a favorite movie.

her eyes are so beautiful, i could get lost in them forever. my heart belongs to her. she could be the mona lisa if the mona lisa had a prettier face.

if you haven't gotten the memo by now, this is me sharing my deep and true love for tara butler.

i almost tried to call her yesterday didn't know if i should, what if she doesn't even remember me?

the very slight chance that i see her again, which will be in my wildest dreams, i won't let her go this time. i'll tell her how much she means to me even if she doesn't feel the same way.

i wish i could put into words how perfect she is, the english language just doesn't have words to describe such a beautiful human being.

i feel as though i think about her too much, i mean, i think constantly might be a little extreme considering she might not even know who i am.

these thoughts are all over the place, i'm just writing was comes to my mind. i think i'll be in love with tara for the rest of my life, and that is an honor in itself.

it's an honor to get to know her, or have known her. i am saying this now, that i'll never fall in love again, unless it's tara.

her eyes, i could talk about her eyes for eternity. her eyes are like flying saucers from another planet.

okay, well i think i'm going to shut up now, considering i just wrote all of this about one person. and if one day, i have the guts to tell her this or give her this, which i most likely won't, i would like to say hi.

"hey," joe said walking into the room. "what's taking so," he stopped what he was saying when he noticed what tara was holding.

"where'd you get that?" joe asked. the tone of his voice and his expression were unreadable.

"it was in the drawer." tara said. "i was looking for your phone and it was there."

they both stood there, not really knowing what to say. "did you mean what you said in this?"

joe nodded. he seemed nervous. "you have a way with words, joey." tara said. "i'm flattered."

"you don't think it's weird?" joe asked.

"no one has ever talked about me like this." tara said. "what i'm trying to say is, no one has every loved me like to do. and i'm grateful for you."

"i love you." joe said.

"i love you too." tara replied.

"i still have to find my phone." joe said chuckling.

"i'll call it." tara said pulling out her phone, she pressed on his contact and called it.