- Tables -

I woke up to a panicked room. I felt a dull ache in my neck, It felt familiar, the shouts of the boys bought me back to reality though. I jumped up immediately and saw Frypan pointing towards one of the windows, I looked over and saw Newt and Minho rushing towards the door we came in from. I looked and saw Thomas staring out of one of the windows, the glass that was once there was broken and there were still sharp shards in the frame, outside the glass were bars, there was a man shaking the bars. He was not like any man i had ever seen, his skin was a greenish color, he looked like he was dying. In all his shaking he turned his head, I saw a huge gash down the side of his face and through it I could see his rotting black teeth, it was a hideous. I almost felt sorry for him, what on earth had happened to this poor man! I stood next to Thomas and we exchanged looks. Then the man started shouting, I grabbed Thomas' arm and we stepped back a little in fear. "I'm a crank! I'm a bloody crank! Kill me. Kill me. KILL ME!" I couldn't listen anymore, I put my hands over my ears and walked away.

"They're everywhere!" Minho shouted, I looked around the room and saw the windows, each one had a person or a "crank" against it. "Do you know what. I knew coming here was too good to be true DAMMIT!" I flailed my arms in the air and paced back and forward, I was officially going insane. "Those shanks that rescued us aren't here either!" Newt said, standing in my way to stop me from pacing. "Calm down greenie, we just need a plan!" He said stroking my hair, I kind of calmed down at this point and breathed deeply. "You're right, what do we do?" I said looking around at someone for an answer, my head was too messed up at the moment to make any decisions. "None of them have gotten in right?" Thomas finally spoke up, I was glad Thomas was making decisions, I feel that if Minho was in charge of the decisions we'd all end up dead. "No, those bars are helping!" Minho replied. "We need to find another room. This noise is doing my head in!" Newt said squeezing his eyes shut. We all nodded and headed for the door.

Minho grabbed the handle and twisted it in multiple directions, then when it wouldn't open Newt said. "Locked." Minho face palmed himself. "Really? Gee, no wonder you were named after Isaac Newton. Such an amazing ability to think" He said folding his arms. Newt growled at him "Hang on!" he said, he picked up a fire extinguisher and smashed it down on the handle, it made a loud bang but the door was still not nudging. "Give it to me!" I said and with a disgruntled look, Newt handed me the extinguisher, I may be slowly going mad but I am still the strongest person here. I lifted the extinguisher above my head and slammed it down on the door, the handle came flying off and a part of the door broke off. "No problemo baby!" I said putting the extinguisher down. I was starting to sound like Minho. I need to get myself together. "I hope Teresa is OK" I said, realizing we hadn't seen her since last night.

We stared down the narrow passage, it was pitch black down there. "Lets go!" Minho said, he started to walk forward but was stopped by Frypan. "Do we really want to go down there?" He said nervously. "Dammit fry, what do you wanna do wait here for those loonies to get us?" Minho said in a mean voice. "Argh fine." Frypan growled, it was the angriest I had seen him, but I knew Minho was right. "I'll go first" Minho said. I felt Newt's arm around me, he was scared but so was everyone. "Stay with me OK?" He whispered in my ear, I nodded and he squeezed my hand. Minho walked through first, then Thomas and me and Newt followed.

We may as well of been walking with out eyes shut, it was that dark, my eyes weren't adjusting at all. Newt was in front of me and I kept both hands on him. "Man, anyone remember where the light switches are?" I heard someone shout. "I'm looking for them!" Newt said, he pulled me in a different direction, we were obviously in the big dining room. "Man they must be around here somewhere!" I said I let go of Newt and started feeling things. I heard a groan from in front of me, it was Newt. "Tables" He said "Watch out for tables" There was a hint of pain in his voice, I couldn't help but laugh, I stopped paying attention to my footing and tripped on something. I didn't scream as I didn't want to startle anyone but I landed on something soft, then I heard a grunt. I had fallen on a person. "Who am I on top of? I'm so sorry!" I said, "Me!" Newt wheezed, I felt a hand tapping my body gently, then he tapped my face and then my lips. I felt a hand around the back of my neck and he pulled my face down, I was a little scared at first but I completely relaxed as my lips found his. I sighed and kissed him back, his lips curved into a smile. "Guys, We can hear you kissing. Stop it!" Minho said loudly "and can anyone else smell that?" I got off of Newt gently and we used the wall to stand up. "Actually yeah!" I said in reply to Minho, the smell was horrible, it literally smelt like rotting flesh, the cranks smelly but this is even worse. "Hang on I think i found the switch!" Newt cheered, he flicked it and the lights came on. "Whoa." Thomas said.

We looked up and hanging from the ceiling were bodies. Not just any bodies, the bodies of the people who rescued us from the maze.

_______________________________________

I used a lot of quotes from the book here, this was one of my favorite Scorch Trials chapters! <3