Panic Hidden by Terror

Her feet pounded hard against the Gray concrete, echoing through the dimly lit tunnel. Her breath came out in short bursts as her chest sucked in the musty air. She was underground and the air was thick with dust. The dust tickled and clawed at her throat. She sneezed hard and tripped over her own footing. She slid to a stop in front of a door, skinning her knees in the process. the door was old and wooden. The knob was a faded brass colour. She stood and tried the handle. Locked. The door looked old enough to bust so she kicked with all her might. Pain shot up her leg. she tried using her shoulder, but still it refused to budge. Slowly she backed to the other side of the hall, then sprinte foeards and took a running leap at the door. A scream escaped her lips as the door gave way flinging her body inside the dark room. She landed in something wet and slid into the wall on the far end of the room. The room was dark and the only light came from the door, which was rapidly closing. The most she could manage was a squeak as the door shut. She her the mechanicle sound of an automatic lock. There was no light under ground. It was darker than pitch. panic settled in as the inky black started to close in around her. Terror clutched her stomach and clawed up her throat. It forced its way out as a strangled cry. She began to cry as the terror turned to panic. She was trapped under groun in pitch black darkness. Insanity slowly worked its fingers into her mind.