Chapter 5: learning their ways

Norms font: italic font
Jakes font: bold font
Neytiri's font: bold underline

Y/N POV:

I hear a knock on my door I check through the peephole in my door and it's aunt grace. I unlock my door and let her in, hey honey I was just wondering what's happening with the crush you have on the scientist😏. Omg aunt grace don't remind me I literally can't focus when he's around and it's an issue because we really need to focus on learning the ways of the Omatikaya people. Oh come on honey why don't you just let yourself have a crush on him instead of trying to ignore it and making it worse. Nope, no do you want to hear it in Spanish no!!. Fine but if you need to talk then just come see me ok? I love you see you in the morning. Goodnight aunt grace I'll see you tomorrow and no hinting at anything around norm ok. No promises.
She said in a sing-songy tone.

Norm POV:

I fall onto my bed in the room I share with Jake he rolls in and sees me just staring into space. Hey what's wrong man you seem a bit distracted. I get so distracted when Y/N is around me and I have never had that happen to me ever and I want to make sure that she is ok like all the time. Oh hahaha I see what's happening with you. Ok then what is happening. I say wanting to know the answer. You have a crush on her you idiot. Then Jake went to bed and left me to think about the actuality of me having a crush on my college.

——- time skip because they were sleeping 😴

Graces POV:
During the morning I was think about how I could embarrass Y/N in a subtle way without tipping anyone else off about her crush. Then all of a sudden I remember something her mother did to me when we were her age and had crushes on boys at school. Hey aunt grace how are you doing this morning. I'm ok just thinking of some stuff. I say while we enter the link room. Oh well if you need to talk let me know I'm always here. Y/N says while focusing on me I kept walking when I noticed norm and Jake on the other side of the room. I turn and walk over to them listening to her drone on about something I didn't pay attention to when all of a sudden I pass them and then hear a thud. I look down and see that Y/N had ran into norm and both of them fell over she stood up as fast as possible while blushing. She helps him up and then apologizes multiple times, while norm is trying to calm her down and say that it's ok and that he wasn't hurt. I am laughing so hard in my head but I can't show her that I did it on purpose.

——- time skip brought to you by then linking to their avatars and getting ready in the home tree

Y/N POV:

I wake in my avatar body and get out of bed I meet up with neytiri she seems to not like me but she doesn't hate me as much as the boys I stay quiet. as I'm walking behind me and neytiri look back and see the boys walking/running behind us to catch up because they we were late for when we were meeting.we all walked to a clearing that was mostly mud she called over three Direhorses she told us to hop onto the saddles and connect our queue to their queue after we all did that she told us that we need to feel their strength, their heart beat, and their breathing. Then she instructed us to tell them to go forward all of a sudden I see a firehouse run full speed ahead then I look down and see that Jake had fallen off of his direhorse and into the mud me and norm laugh and then I decide to try and I think *go forward slowly* the direhorse moves at a reasonable pace and I walk around while after a while norm tries and falls off in the same way Jake did I slowly dismount the direhorse I was on and walk over to see them all of a sudden neytiri talks to me and she says I like you, you and me friends. Of course I'll be your friend neytiri.

——- time skip brought to you by direhorses—

3rd person POV:

Norm,Y/N, and Jake all exit their pods and go get dinner they all sit by each other and talk about their day and what they though about the Omatikaya people. After dinner they all go their separate ways and rest after having a long day of work with lots success and a equal amount of failure but all of them had an over all good day. I'm the middle of the night Y/N wakes up because she can't sleep she goes and grabs a cup of water and quietly slips back into her room. She sits thinking about stuff she's looking forward to the next day while drinking the glass of water she had gotten she puts the half empty cup on her night table beside her bed and slides into her bed still holding the warmth of where her body had settled when she fell asleep the first time.
She settled back into that spot and slowly drifted off to sleep until her alarm went off in the morning.

Authors note: that's the end of the chapter I may update again today (wow two updates in a day holy crap) anyway if remember if you see something that you like or that you don't like feel free to comment it helps me become a better writer when I get your feed back also 324 reads!!! Thank you all so much

Thanks lots of love ☺️❤️