First "I Love You"

4 months later

Y/N's POV:

Another day, another damn case report. I've been trying to catch up from the last couple of cases but it is impossible. Serial killers really never take breaks.

I've been staring at this report for about an hour and nothing has come of it. I need a distraction.

I grab my phone to text JJ. She is sitting about 10 feet away from me doing her reports, but I have to behave at work.

Y/N: Meet me in the bathroom, I need a break from this for a second.

I watch her read the message and leave her desk. I wait a minute or two before following behind her.

Being JJ's girlfriend is the best feeling. It's been the best four months of my life and I can't wait to have more. Even though the team knows about us we still have to keep our PDA down. I hate it but understand it has to be done.

I make it to the bathroom discreetly, at least I hope it was discreetly. I join JJ and lock the door behind me. Before she even has time to speak I pull her into a long kiss. I grab her waist to pull her close to me as she brings her hands to my hair.

After a minute or two she ends the kiss but keeps our bodies close.

"What was that for?" She smiles.

"I needed to think about something other than case reports. Just a quick distraction."

"As much as I would like to do what you are thinking, we can't."

"Who said I was thinking about that?"

JJ raises her eyebrows and crosses her arms.

"Okay fine, maybe I was thinking about it a little bit." I admit.

"Yeah that's what I thought."

I back away from her slightly. She notices and pulls me closer to her by my belt loops.

She brings her lips to my ear and whispers,"just because we can't have sex doesn't mean we can't make out for a few minutes."

"Works for me." I happily agree.

We lock our lips once again. I lift JJ up onto the sink and she wraps her legs around my waist.

I keep one hand on the small of her back just to make sure she doesn't fall back into the sink and place the other on her thigh. Her arms draped on my shoulders.

After about a minute both of our phones buzz. I groan knowing exactly what that meant. We have a case. We give each other a disappointing look before pulling away.

I help JJ get off the sink, and we both try to tidy our appearances back up. In our urgency to make it to the round table we fail to remember to leave the bathroom separately.

We walk out together, and unfortunately Derek was right behind us.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" He gives us both a smirk.

"Sadly not what you're thinking. JJ won't let me." I pout.

JJ slaps my arm and Derek laughs.

We are the last 3 to arrive, so Garcia begins after we enter.

"There is a hostage situation downtown at a law firm. They have asked us to help."

"Any demands or ransoms?" Reid asks.

"So far no, we are going to head down there and try to negotiate. Everyone can go and we'll operate from there." Hotch informs and we all get ready to head to the scene.