Cheating?

2 months later

Y/N's POV:

The sound of the front door wakes me up abruptly. I jump up quickly, ready to grab my gun from the safe. Then I notice JJ isn't beside me.

"JJ." I call out.

A few seconds of silence scares me back into attack mode. I get up out of bed, then JJ comes through our bedroom door.

"Hey baby, sorry I went on a run. I didn't want to wake you."

She's wearing a grey tank top, leggings, and a black cap. Sweat glistens on her forehead.

"I could've went with you, I don't like you being out running alone."

"Y/N/N I have a gun, and a lot of training." She giggles.

I walk closer and pull her to me by her waist, making sure to avoid the gun that I'm glad she took with her.

"You're lucky that you look so hot right now." I say before placing a quick peck on her lips.

She pulls away and walks towards the bathroom. "I need to shower, I'm gross."

"Can I join you?" I smirk.

"Mhmm." She glances over her shoulder before leaving the doorway walking further into the bathroom.

I run to join her as fast as possible. She giggles again, her smile giving me butterflies. I pick her up and spin her around the bathroom while we both laugh, then we finally get in the shower.

........

"Hey hot stuff." Derek says from behind me.

"Hi chocolate thunder." I laugh.

He gives me a weird look before joining me in my laughter.

"Taking notes from Garcia I see."

"Just a few." I pause for a second before asking. "So what's up?" I turn in my chair to give him my full attention.

"Just wanted to check up on you, see how you're doing."

"Derek I appreciate your concern, but you've been asking me this every month since the bombing." I sigh and look him right in the eyes, so he'll believe me. "I'm fine, I promise."

"Y/N you told me to leave you in there. You were prepared to die. I'm just afraid that you...."

I interrupt him. "That I'm what, suicidal? It wasn't about that, I just wanted to make sure you got out alive. Believe me?"

"I guess so. If you ever do feel that way, you can come to me. You know that right?" He looks at me with soft, sincere eyes, something you hardly see from him.

"Yes I do, thank you." I smile to reassure him.

Hotch comes out of his office. "Round table, we have a case."

We both nod and leave for the round table. Once we are all settled, Hotch begins the debriefing.

"An hour ago the man on your tablets, was found wondering the streets of Baltimore before he collapsed."

Garcia continues, "he is unconscious. He has no ID on him, so we don't know his name. He's got ligature marks on his wrists, and it's impossible to tell how long he's been missing."

I open my tablet to find the crime scene photos. I notice something strange but Rossi beats me to it. "Are those puncture wounds in the corner of his eyes?"

"Yes and an MRI confirmed that fibers in his brain had been severed."

"He had a lobotomy?" Rossi questions, seemingly taking the words right out of my mouth.