Chapter II.

~some time later

"Your heartbeat's faster, you gotta slow it down." Tsireya told Lo'ak who was trying his best to keep calm due to how close she was. Or maybe it was the hand that was resting on his chest.

I smiled and looked around to see if anyone else noticed. Roxto did the same and we gave each other the 'It's so obvious it hurts' side glance.

It's not like I don't wish my brother a love life, it's just that he's being too much of a pussy to even say anything to her.

"Alright I think that's all for today." Aonung announced after a while when it was starting to get dark and we all separated our ways.

Aonung's POV:

"Nah because I'd definitely win." Roxto said confidently.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yeah, just look at you, you do-"

"Hey," my sis interrupted, "dad said fast."

"Alright, see ya later bro." I said and headed to my family.

"See ya."

~~~~some time later—- (cuz I'm hella lazy)

"But dad," I whined, "it's so boring, do we have to?"

"Yes, it should be someone of their own age and as the future chief you should take responsibility." Dad instructed.

I internally rolled my eyes and finished eating.

"Alright, I'm heading out." I said and was about to leave but mom ruined my plans.

"Where do you think you're going young man? It's almost time for you to sleep." She said sternly.

I knew better than to argue back so I just gave her the stink eye and went to bed.

1...2....3...4.. I counted. I was told to count to 10 to calm down and usually it worked but that bi- I mean my sister came in and interrupted me by talking.

"who are you taking for tomorrow?"

"I don't care." I retorted.

"Well then... I'm gonna take Lo'ak and Kiri and you'll take the others?"

"Sure. Take your little boyfriend and possible friend to help your friendless ass."

"Wha- hey! You take that back." She walked up to me squinting her eyes and pointing at my chest in a threatening way.

She sucks at trying to look angry.

"What. You know it's true." Her ears slightly twitched and she looked down retreating to her own side of the room.

Did I take it too far?

"Sorry."

"...it's ok, it was the truth anyway."

I sucked at these type of things. I always did something stupid and regretted it after.

Silence filled the room until she broke it again.

"By the way, how do you think they're gonna do with Ilus?" She asked, her mood suddenly shifting to a positive one.

"Oh they're not gonna last a minute." I chuckled.

"Nah, I bet one of them is gonna last - minute." She said chuckling as well.

"Who do you think will stay the longest?" I questioned.

She thought for a while until she came up with the answer: "I think it's gonna be Kiri. Did you see for how long she could hold her breath?" She said fascinated.

"I guess?"

"And you?"

I honestly didn't know. Probably Neteyam, his body just screams more skillful than the others. Like damn, you see those muscles?

"Yo, Aonung-"

"Hm?"

"You zoned out."

"Oh- sorry." I said and did the awkward smile, "I think it's gonna be Neteyam." I answered.

She considered my answer and replied with: "yeah, I can see that."

"But what's up with you and him?" You seem to be staring at him awful lot." She questioned.

My breath quietly hitched and I couldn't really comprehend what she was saying. I didn't even know why my body froze.

"Me? Staring? Never."

"Ok?" She said skeptical.

Sure, his eyes were beautiful but like- am I really staring too much? Nahhhh- it's just her imagination. I mean I'm just curious so what's the big deal.

Sry short chapter :]