Chapter III.

Do y'all want more of Lo'ak's POV?

Neteyam's POV:

It was going to be our first time trying to ride an Ilu.

I wasn't really nervous or anything unlike the time when I tried to tame an Ikran. I didn't know it then but the truth was that I was trying to meet my father's expectations.

"This is gonna be so easy." I could hear Lo'ak from afar.

I was swimming further away from them, following Aonung. Tuk was supposed to come along but we all agreed that she was still too young.

I honestly didn't really like Aonung. He weirded me out a lot. I don't know much about the Metkayina Na'vi but if they stare at each other all the time then it's honestly pretty creepy.

"Alright so shall we start?" I asked.

"Nah, let's watch Lo'ak fail first." He said with a playful smile looking at the scene from afar.

Lo'ak sat on the Ilu and as soon as they connected the Ilu dived in and after a couple of seconds, Lo'ak was back swimming towards Tsireya complaining. Tsireya looked over to Aonung, rolling her eyes and laughing.

Aonung couldn't help but chuckle which was pretty odd. It sounded nice?

"Oh well, let's get you settled." He said clapping his hands.

Aonung made a certain type of sound to call the Ilu here. The sound made my breath hitch and skin to shiver.

Pretty impressive I'd say.

I sat on the Ilu and prepared myself to dive in with the Ilu I was on.

"Wait," he interrupted and put his hands on mine guiding them into a correct position, "you're doing this all wrong. To have a stronger grip you gotta-" my thoughts couldn't really comprehend what he was saying. My chest swarmed up and heartbeat was beating faster. Why do I hate him? ...Is it even hate?

"And- hey! You have to slower your heartbeat." He said.

"What do you think I'm doing? I'm trying." I retorted.

"Here," he said and put his hand on my chest, "breathe in...and out." He kept on repeating and I closed my eyes to keep myself more concentrated. The warmth of his hand on my chest kinda helped.

He then retreated his hand and looked away.

"Alright, now off you go and don't you dare fall off." He said and the Ilu dived in.

At first I almost fell off but then I felt like I got some balance and accustomed to the feeling until the Ilu started circling around the different rocks etc. and I lost my grip.

I swam up to get some air and the first thing I heard was Aonung cheering up for me.

"YES! IN YOUR FACE TSIREYA!" He yelled playfully laughing to Tsireya who rolled her eyes with a smile.

"You cheated!" Lo'ak accused.

"Nah, you just suck at this." I defeated myself.

"My hands were just slippery." He said back.

"What a dumb excuse." I scoffed.

"Yeah, lame excuse, let's go and celebrate Neteyam." Aonung said and motioned for me to follow.

My father said to make friends so I obliged and followed suit.

He put his hand around my shoulder and looked back to stick out his tongue at his sister.

I did it see her reaction but I could vividly imagine it.

"So, where are we going?" I asked.

"O-oh- well my sis and I made a bet right before this and whoever would lose would have to make dinner. And I thought, 'why not bring you too because then she'll have to make more.'  He said with a mischievous smile.

"Huh, sounds nice. But I'd have to ask father first."

"Damn- stop with the formalities forest boy. It's ok to call your father dad."

"....nah- I'll stick to father."

It was silent after that.

We walked towards my house (idk how u call it) and I told him to wait a few meters away.

"Father?" I said in hopes to see him somewhere.

"He's not here, what do you want?" Mother questioned.

"Oh, well I just wanted to ask if I can go with Aonung to eat dinner-"

"That bitch's son?" She sent daggers at me.

"Y-you know what? It was a bad idea. Thanks mother." I thanked and left.

"Can't go." I announced.

"Oh man. Seriously?"

"Yeah, parents won't let me,"  I reasoned, "but maybe another time?" I said in hopes of not losing a (maybe) friend.

"Yeah," he said putting on a smile, "see ya tomorrow." He waved and headed over to his place.

Aonung's POV:

"You know, this is not as bad as expected." I told her.

"What, did ya really think I'd poison it?" She snorted.

"Well duh- I won."

"Oh shut up. Anyway, I thought your little friend would come along." She said in a mocking way.

"Huh?" I honestly didn't get why she said it with that tone.

"Oh you know, how you keep on staring at him. I swear I even saw you blush one time."

"Bullshit." I said quickly, my eyes widening.

"Oh please. I can hear your heartbeat from here."

"That's it, I'm done, fuck you" I said and headed towards my bed.

I turned around so I wouldn't be facing Tsireya as I heard the shuffling behind me.

"So, what do you like about him." She asked and I could hear the smirk forming on her lips.

Instead of answering the question I just ignored her and tried my best to fall asleep.

"You know that this is like- your first time in a while having an actual crush and not just talking shit about others with your shit of a gang." She complained.

Sadly, it was true.

Btw English isn't my first language so sry for any mistakes. And I also didn't double check it-