Chapter 8

Larry bites his lower lip and thinks for a while. He then understands Chris is right. And, he has a gut feeling that something important is waiting for him in the house. So, he turned his car in home's direction, disappointing Rica. Rica thought Larry will go to save Sam, and then she will again show her power.

Larry enters the house with everyone. Martin and Sarah's father are talking. Sarah's father notice Larry and his friends and says, "Hey, guys! You're back. Come and have a seat." Everyone seat on the couch. Chris asks Martin, "Why do you come here? Why do you need me?" Martin replies, "I want to talk about it personally."

When Chris was about to go to a room with Martin, Larry stands up and says, "Chris! I want to talk to you for some seconds." He grabs Chris's hand and goes upstairs. Larry shuts the door and expresses his suspicion about Martin. He wants to know what Chris will discuss with Mr. Martin regarding Rica.

He hands Chris a mini recorder. Chris takes it and asks, "What's this? What will I do with this?" 

Larry says, biting his lip, "You'll record the conversation of you and your Uncle." Chris nods his head and when he was about to leave the room, Larry asks, "So, you also think that your Uncle will talk about Rica?"

Chris turns to Larry and says in a shocked voice, "What are you talking about!?" Larry said with a mysterious smile on his face, "If you don't think what I'm thinking about Mr. Martin, then why didn't you say anything when I said 'something's wrong with your Uncle'. That obviously means you're also thinking what I'm thinking."

Chris ties his hands around his chest and says, frowning, "Sometimes I can't but think you're some sort of detective cause you're doubting me and interrogating me like them."

Larry says with a small grin, "Your thinking is kinda true." Chris smiles and says, "You know everything better than me. Anyway, I need to go. I'll talk to you later."

Chris goes downstairs, leaving Larry confused. Larry also goes downstairs and hears Chris saying to Martin, "You can tell me what you want to." Martin says, "Let's go to a private place." Chris leads Martin to a room and turns on the recorder as per Larry's instructions.

Martin says in an angry voice, "Will you tell your ghost friend to leave me!?" Chris says frowning, "What are you talking about!?" Martin sighs and says, "The day after when you came to the village, she had been disturbing me. She even haunts me in my dream. I'm having a terrible day and night just because of your friend." 

Martin frowns, staring at Chris's shocked face. Chris says, "I'm totally clueless right now. I just can't understand why she is doing these with you." Martin says, gritting his teeth, "I don't need any reason. Just tell her to stop these."

Chris opens his mouth to tell something, but stops, because that aroma of rose has again appeared. Martin says in an angry voice, "What the heck is going on here!? From where in the world this aroma is coming!? Is that because, the crazy friend of you coming?! This aroma appears when she comes."

Martin looks here and there whereas Chris was in deep thoughts why these are happening. Suddenly everything shakes and the closet which is beside Martin was about to fall on him. Chris pulls him and saves his life. Martin gets a shock. He can't even say a word. Soon Chris leaves the room.

When they reach the leaving room, they see everyone is gossiping among themselves. Chris looks at Larry and sees him to be in deep thoughts. Suddenly Sarah's father notices them and says, "Oh! You two are back. Come here. We're really having a great time." Martin sits on the couch and says to Sarah, "Hey, Sarah! Can you please give a glass of cold water, please?"

Sarah goes to the kitchen. Sarah's father asks Larry, "Larry, what are you thinking? You are looking so tensed." Larry comes out from his thinking and says, putting a smile on his face, "Nothing serious. Uh... Mr. Martin, is anything wrong? You don't look good."

Martin says in agony, "Everything is wrong!" He was about to say more, but stopping him, Chris says to Larry, "Larry, I want to talk to you right now." Larry says with a mysterious smile, "I was waiting for this moment." He gets up and says to Paul and Noah, "You guys had enough fun. Now, come with me. We have got work to do." He goes upstairs, and everyone follows him.

Entering to their room, Larry closes the door and says to Chris, "Give me the recorder." Paul asks, "Recorder!? Which recorder!?" With a mysterious smile, Larry says, "You'll know when it's time." Chris hands the recorder to Larry, and he gives it to Noah, saying, "Turn it on and Paul, note the important things."

Noah turns it on, and everyone hears the conversation between Martin and Chris. After some minutes, Paul says, looking at the notebook, "Within this entire conversation, I just found one thing important and that is 'disturbing Mr. Martin'. Uh.... Larry, why your sister is doing this to that gentleman? I don't see any reason."

Larry sighs and says, "I also don't." Chris says, "There's something I wanna tell you."

"What?"

"After he had finished his words, an unexpected thing happen. That aroma appeared, the room started shaking and..... the closet was about to fall on him. He would die if I wasn't there to save him."

Larry stares at Chris with his gigantic eyes. He puts his hands on Chris's shoulder and says, "Are you being serious?! Are the things you're telling true!? Please confirm me!" Chris gets off of him and says, "Why will I be lying to you? Obviously, everything is true. But why are you getting so excited!?"

Larry doesn't reply to him and runs downstairs. Paul, Noah and Chris also follow him. They are way more confused about Larry's weird behaviour. When Larry sees Sarah's father was sitting all by himself, his heart beat faster. He runs toward him and asks, "Where is Mr. Martin!? Why isn't he here? Where does he go?"

Sarah's father startles at hearing all of his questions. He asks, "Cool down! You're stressing way too much. Martin was suffocating here, so he went outside to get some air." Larry looks at Paul and says, "Run fast and grab the keys." He says to Noah, "Take Mr. Martin's cellphone number from Chris and track him." 

Noah was about to say something but Larry stops him and nearly shouts, "No objections! Do as fast as you can! Otherwise, everything will be destroyed!"

Author's Note: [Sorry for short chapter. And, soon the story will be ended.]