Enrolled in Potty Training

Kenzie drags Tom into the room as the class laughs at him.

Penny: Boys and girls. That is not okay. Every single one of you has had an accident just like Tom did and I didn't laugh at any of you. It is not nice to laugh at him. Kenzie, I texted Zoe and she is coming here. If you and her will take the kiddos outside, Tom and I need to chat.

Kenzie: Yes Ma'am

Penny: Okay kids, please line up behind Ms. Kenzie.

All the kids stood up and lined up behind Kenzie. It was at that moment Zoe walked in and gasped as she saw Tom standing there in just a t-shirt and a goodnite.

Zoe: OMG I knew it.

Penny: Ms. Zoe, what do you mean by that?

Zoe: Tom was staring at the goodnites earlier this morning in the way that little kids stare at the pull ups they aren't wearing but should be.

Penny: Is that so Tom? Did you know you need to wear goodnites?

Tom: What? No! I don't need goodnites during the day!

Penny: Hmmmm, okay. Zoe and Kenzie please take the kids outside and little tom will join you shortly.

Kenzie and Zoe both let out a chuckle as they led the kids out of the room. As the door closed, Penny grabbed Tom's hand and led him to one of the tables, sitting him at one of the little kid chairs.

Penny: Now Tom, I want you to tell me the truth.

Tom: Okay.

Penny: Do you need to be wearing pull ups?

Tom: No! I'm not a baby, I just had an accident.

Penny: Well, why don't I call your mom and just check with her.

Tom: NO! Please don't call my mom!

Penny: Then tell me the truth because Zoe said you were acting weird around the pull ups.

Tom knows that if he doesn't tell the truth then his mom will find out he peed his pants and will probably get punished at home.

Tom sighs

Tom: Yes, I wear pull ups to bed because I wet the bed.

Penny: That's nothing to be ashamed of, many little boys wet the bed.

Tom: But I haven't had a daytime accident in a long time.

Penny: Well hopefully this is a fluke and soon you'll be back to big boy undies, but until then we need to go over some rules.

Tom: What rules?

Penny: Well you just enrolled yourself in our potty training program. So lets go over the potty training rules. If someone gets 3 Xs that means they have to go back to diapers for the rest of the week and then they can restart the potty training process. Poopy pull ups count as 2 Xs and wet pull ups only count as one. Also if a child wets themselves, they go back into pull ups for the rest of the day and the day after, if they stay dry then they can return the following day in normal underwear. So, you have to wear pull ups today and tomorrow.

Tom is about to interrupt but Penny stops him.

Penny: However, I won't put an X on the chart for the accident you just had. Now, children who get put back in diapers must go to the caterpillar room for the rest of the week since that is where all of the diapering supplies are. I don't think that will be a problem for you seeing as this is probably a one off. However, you have special rules since you are the only one in the potty training program who can reach the top shelf. When you need to go potty, you must come get one of us and allow us to inspect your pull up. I want to make sure you don't try to lie or hide it from me.

Tom: But that's not fair!

Penny: or I can call your mom. Which would you prefer?

Tom:...fine... he said under his breath

Penny: That's what I thought. Now I'll take your jeans and yellow undies and put them in our washing machine, that way you'll have clean clothes for later. Why don't you go ahead and go play with the other kids on the playground.

Tom: You mean...without my pants?

Penny: Well you can't stay in here by yourself. Someone needs to be watching you since you are no longer a worker, but a kiddo.

Tom thought about arguing, but knew he would lose.

Tom: Okay

Penny: Okay what?

Tom: Okay Mrs. Penny.

Penny: Good boy, now head out there and join the others.

Tom began to walk to the door to the playground dreading everything that was about to happen. He didn't even want this job in the first place and now he is wearing a pull up and in a potty training program. He was so ready to get out of here and go home.