chapter 05 | jaemin's friend

jeno sees a text by the time he gets him from jaemin. he almost wants to ignore it, but he feels like he shouldn't.

you left?
why?

maybe he should respond. he ignored jungwoo and his parents and look what happened.

i had to leave
like, my friend was rushing me to go

oh
that's understandable

that was a complete lie. if anything, jeno was rushing mark, not the other way around. he bit his lip-he only lied as to not make...not make jaemin what? the only reason he left was because he saw jaemin talking to someone else while being rather close. jealousy, wasn't it?

yeah
sorry

stop saying sorry !!!
you're fine !!!

okay
i won't !

good :')

what did you want to talk about?

just
stuff, really
i didn't have a topic but i didn't care as long as it was with you

how romantic

i know right ?!
ㅋㅋㅋ
but seriously though
i wanted to catch up or something

nothing much has happened to me

well, to be fair, me neither
but i wanted to ask your opinion on something

what?

should i dye my hair again?
i like being blond and all, but i'm thinking of trying this other colour

sure go ahead

jeno's gonna miss being able to call him blondie.

ah okay !
i'll definitely send a pic when i can

i'll be waiting eagerly

ㅋㅋㅋ

and then jeno lays back on his bed, letting out a sigh. now that he thinks about it, he was being really stupid. maybe he didn't have to be as jealous as he had been in that moment.

🎸

it was yangyang the party animal that invited jeno along to the first club he's ever been to. it was one he frequented, and claimed it was the best place to go. jeno wasn't exactly thrilled, especially when it was only the two of them.

he would probably leave him to engage in his own things and jeno would stay off awkwardly alone while using his phone to best keep his interest.

he voiced this worries as yangyang drove them, but yangyang laughed it off.

"i won't leave my best friend behind," he retorts with a huge grin. "never! i would terrible if i did that."

"uh-huh," jeno says, unconvinced. "sure you won't."

yangyang pouts as he pulls into the parking lot. "you never seem to trust me. we've been friends since we were babies-"