chapter 16 | throw your hands up, we're going for a ride

jeno had been snug between jaemin and renjun (a new habit as of recent) when he received the happy text message from yuta in the group chat that he wanted to take everyone down to the beach to celebrate the end of his exams and the start of summer.

he was willing to agree, obviously, but he wondered if he could bring jaemin and renjun along with him. he felt more attached to them than before at the moment and plus, who doesn't want to spend a day at the beach with their lovers?

he looks at his phone again to see the new messages sent.

old man
oh yeah also two of my friends from college are coming

yang
awesome!
i get to meet more old people

old man
they're closer to your age than mine

yang
oh so they're actual cool people

old man
oh my god
i am 23
i'm not even in my mid-twenties

yang
oldie

old man
i
hate you oh my god

yang
D:

junhyuk
is he always like this?
actually i shouldn't ask that

jun
yes sadly

i can vouch for that

four eyes
same here

junhyuk
oh no

yang
no please
i'm the best person ever
don't believe the haters

four eyes
😑

yuta i wanted to ask you something

old man
shoot

can jaemin and renjun come?

old man
sure!
more the merrier!

jeno silently squeals. plus, they'll get to meet his group of friends, other than yuta, who jaemin already knew.

he had taken to being around them a lot more especially since his friends weren't always free just to avoid going home while silently counting down the days until jungwoo comes back home. jeno can't even face him ever again at this point.

but, jeno should think about the beach and spending time there with his friends and renjun and jaemin. that's all that matters in the moment, not jungwoo. he's quick to shake both of the older men awake, jaemin coming around first, then renjun following suit.

"what, beautiful?" jaemin asks groggily, making jeno blush and shake his head.

"my friend wants to go to the beach to celebrate the end of his exams," he tells him. jaemin's shine with excitement and renjun's head perks up. "i want you and renjun to come with me."

"that sounds awesome!" jaemin exclaims. "he doesn't mind?"

"nuh-uh."

"then we're in," jaemin concludes, hooking an arm around jeno's waist. "when do we go, though?"

"he didn't say," jeno admits. "i'll ask."