Secret//Keith Matthews (Two-Bit)

Slowly lifting myself up from my bed trying so hard to not make a sound. I slowly stood up and slipped on a sweater and my shoes. I made my way towards my window, everything seemed to be so loud at night. My anxiety was beginning to stir, though I've done this before; I always get scared I'll get caught one day. Slowly lifting up my window, my foot made its way out. I tried my best to feel for the ground, I planted the tip of my shoe on the soft wet grass and took one last look at my clock. It was around 11 pm. Perfect. I made my way out of the window and had slowly closed it.

I made my way towards the school but then had turned left to go closer to the little "park" across from a small church on the way towards the greasers territory. The park wasn't much of a park, it was a small area with grass, two benches, and a few trees for shading. The dark blue sky hovered over me while a few stars shined down. The whole town was still. It was quiet and luckily nobody was out tonight. I loved these nights, the nights where I can walk without being scared of greasers or socs. Well, just the ones with bad intentions.

I confined my way to the park, I crossed my arms as I slightly shivered down the sidewalk. No cars were out, all I could hear was a few crickets here and there and the lights flickering from the street lights here and there. I finally approached the park, I'd seen his shadow sitting in the bench furthest from the street. I could feel my heart rate starting to get faster and my lips turn into a smile.

"Well, hello there Keith," I giggled out as I was approached Two, who was sitting on the bench waiting for my arrival. He turned his head having a smile already planted on his face.

"Hello there Y/n..m'mere Minnie..I missed you," he stood up and quickly embraced me into a hug as well as lifting me to sit on his lap while he sat on the bench.

"Stoppp stoppp!" I laughed as I wrapped my arms around his neck. His hair was slightly covered in gel but this time it wasn't too bad.

"How was your day? Your week?" I spoke sweetly to him. My hand was gently wrapped in between his collar and jaw.

"Well, they both just got better with you here..sitting on my lap.." he smiled cheekily at me. Keith pulled my face closer to kiss him. Both of our eyes closed and our lips connected. Electricity filled my veins and my heart filled with pure excitement.

"How was your week my Minnie?" He cocked his eyebrow sheepishly at me.

"Ohh well you know..the same old the same old- just that I passed that quiz I was tellin ya about, I did surprisingly good at it"

"I told ya so, ya see Minnie, maybe if ya didn't doubt ya'self all the damn time you would've guessed correctly" he joked.

"Oh now c'mon! I don't doubt myself that much..do I? Actually..no- don't answer" I chuckled at him. He just shook his head in enlightenment. I had began to play with his hair, filling my fingers with some gel.

"Oh Mickey, I've told ya to stop puttin gel in that hair of yours when ya come and see me. I don't want gel hands," I said as I wiped some off onto my sweater.

"My bad, my bad hon, I keep forgettin ya like to play with my hair...Y'know I wish I could take ya to the gang but I'm afraid they would judge us too soon," he said.

"Too bad I'm stuck on the south side of town. Maybe some day you'll take me, it'll be alright Keith."

"That's the thing Minnie..you're the only one who calls me by my actual name..knows that I like books..and goin to school from time to time..things that ain't considered greaser things.." he breathed out.

I could tell this fills his head quite often. Keith always spoke out on not being comfortable with the gang meetin me just due to the fact that I'm a soc. I'm from the forbidden side of town yet often forgets that it's the same for me. Keith and I met a couple months ago at the library; out of all places.