24

Kitty

Vinnie and I decided that we'd do trunk or treat.

It took some slight convincing for me to get him to agree but when I told him I wanted to do a Harry Potter theme, he seemed slightly interested and a couple hours later, he agreed to sit with me while I handed out candy to the kids.

He went with me to the craft store to get the supplies for the decorations, and I just Amazon primed our costumes to a P.O. Box in town in case he wanted to dress up with me.

And he did.

When he saw me come down the stairs as Luna Lovegood with the glasses and everything, he went quiet until he asked where his stupid costume was. So now we're Draco Malfoy and Luna Lovegood, handing out chocolate to kids from behind a potions table with a cardboard cut out of Hogwarts set up behind us in the bed of our truck.

Vinnie leans over the table to put two pieces of candy into a kids bucket that's dressed up as a firefighter and I smile at the child. The kid looks up at me and waves so I wave back and after he walks away, Vinnie takes a step back and sits down in one of two foldable chairs that we have set up behind the table.

He looks up at me when he sees me looking over at him, and he tells me without remorse, "That was the ugliest fucking child-"

"Vinnie." I hiss a scold, and he rolls his lips into his mouth, trying not to laugh.

"I didn't think Luna could get so worked up." He quirks his head, "Or did I hit a nerve Miss Lovegood?"

At least I picked the right costume for him, and does he look good in it.

"Be nice." I reply with a sigh, not all that upset. "You're killing me."

A girl in a Hermonie costume comes walking up, her mother following closely, the child's costume pretty accurate to the books with her hair puffed out and her Hogwarts robes looking home made. I love it, her mother must've put a lot of hard work and love into it.

I smile widely and bend down to meet her level, "Hermonie!" I greet her pushing up the glasses on my face to sit them on top of my head. "How's Ron and Harry?"

Her mother quickly takes the child's shoulders and tells me, "I'm sorry but we just adopted her from Russia so she doesn't speak a lot of English."

I lower my eyes from her mother, back to the little girl and smile brightly at her. "Spokoynoy nochi dlya tryuka ili lecheniya?"

The girls face lights up, flashing a smile that's missing a front tooth, "Ty govorish' moy dom!"

I smile wide and nod, "Kakoy by ya byla Luna, yesli by ne smogla?"

I glance back at Vinnie who looks fondly at me, and I hold my hand out to him so he leans forward with the bowl of candy in his hands, extending it to me so I can grab some pieces out of it.

I turn back to the child and fake a frown, "u menya net shokoladnykh lyagushek, no eti podoydut?"

She nods her head excitedly at me and leans to the left to see around me, her hand raising to wave at Vinnie. In the sweetest voice tells him, "Thank you Mister Draco!"

I melt when he waves back at her, but as I turn back around, she catches me off guard when she wraps her arms around my neck, almost knocking me over. The glasses fall back onto my face, and I laugh softly, before her mother quite literally has to pull her off of me and they both thank me before leaving. I push the glasses onto the top of my head again and stand up off of the ground, my eyes following them walk away until I reluctantly turn around toward Vinnie whose watching me carefully.