Ash in XY and XYZ

Ash travels to the Kalos region with Alexa, whom he met while traveling in the Decolore Islands. He first visited Lumiose City in "Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!", where he parted ways with Alexa and tried to challenge the Lumiose Gym at Prism Tower, only to be forcibly ejected from the tower when the computerized security system found out that he didn't have any Badges. He was rescued by Clemont and Bonnie, who traveled with him after he calmed down a rampaging Garchomp at the top of Prism Tower. In "Battling on Thin Ice!", Ash won his first Kalos Badge, the Bug Badge, after defeating the Santalune Gym Leader Viola. The group was also joined by Serena, who still remembered Ash rescuing her in her childhood and decided to start her own journey to reunite with him, although he initially did not remember the two of them meeting until she showed him the handkerchief he used to mend her knee in "Giving Chase at the Rhyhorn Race!". In "Clemont's Got a Secret!", Ash learned that Clemont was the Lumiose City Gym Leader. Although initially angry that his friend would keep such a secret from him, he quickly forgave Clemont and encouraged him to take back the Gym from Clembot, the robot that had taken over the Gym and ejected him when he tried to challenge it. Even though the Badge requirement ceased to be an issue after this, he still decided not to challenge the Gym until he had four Badges and decided that his opponent would be Clemont rather than Clembot.As they traveled, the group started to learn the secrets of Mega Evolution after meeting Professor Sycamore, Diantha, and Gurkinn, as well as briefly traveling with Korrina. During their journey, Ash captured a lost and traumatized Goomy which he raised into a Sliggoo, and later a powerful Goodra. After earning his fourth Gym Badge, Ash eventually faced Clemont in their promised 3-on-3 Gym battle and won, gaining his fifth Badge. Later, Ash and friends came across Goodra's old home, where they learned it was taken over by Florges and her companions. After Ash saved Goodra's swamp from Team Rocket, while simultaneously solving the issue concerning Florges, Ash left his Goodra in the wetlands so it could act as the protector of its swamp and the Pokémon living in it.Later in their journey, Ash and his friends reached Anistar City, and together with Professor Sycamore, they met the psychic Gym Leader Olympia. She then revealed Frogadier's past as a Froakie, from before meeting Ash, and a glimpse of Frogadier's, his friends, Professor Sycamore's, Team Rocket's, and his future, indicating that they would all play a vital role in Kalos's future. Ash later challenged her to a Double Battle, which he won using Frogadier and Talonflame. Shortly after, the group came across a mysterious Pokémon, dubbed Squishy by Bonnie, who was being pursued relentlessly by the villainous organization, Team Flare, prompting the group to put it under their own protective custody.Ash earned all eight Kalos Badges and competed in the Kalos League, where he ended up as the runner-up.Soon, Ash departed from Kalos and arrived back in Kanto.