Ash in pokemon sun and moon

Later, he and his mother, Delia, win the tickets to the region for Ash to attend the Pokemon school while staying at Professor Kukui's house for the time being, and Ash was given an Electrium Z from the Melemele guardian and Legendary Pokémon, Tapu Koko. He decided to enter the Trial Challenge to earn Z-Crystals from the trial by enrolling in school. There Ash met Lillie, Lana, Mallow, Sophocles, and Kiawe. With his friends, they go on many adventures including raising Sogaleo and traveling through an ultra wormhole to save Lillie's mom from an ultra beast called Nihilego. After her safe return, Lillie's mom elected Ash and his friends to become Ultra Guardians to fight other Ultra beasts who go through ultra wormholes and save Sogaleo from Necrozma by renewing Necrozma with a lot of ultra aurae that Necrozma was originally draining from Sogaleo. Ash also had adventures of his own like battling the Island guardians mainly Tapu Koko, traveling to an alternate reality where he had to help defeat Guzzlord and traveling back in time to when Professor Kukui was a young boy. Even in the Mitz of everything Ash still had rivals to deal with including Team Rocket and Team Skull. Professor Kukui also got married to one of the Professors at Aither Paradise where Lille's mom worked Ash also made new friends: Rowlet, Rockruff who evolved into Lycanroc dusk form the first of its kind, Litten who evolved into Torracat who in the end evolved into Incineroar, Poipole who evolved into Naganadel right before the Alolan League to help fight Guzzlord, and Meltan who evolved into Melmetal also right before the Alolan League. 

Ash did also decide to participate in the Alola league and faced many great opponents and ultimately won against his main rival Gladion and went on to defeat Professor Kukui as the Masked Royal. Soon, Ash decided to return to Pallet Town and travel the world leaving all his Alola pokemon except Pikachu with Kukui.

 Soon, Ash decided to return to Pallet Town and travel the world leaving all his Alola pokemon except Pikachu with Kukui