❄️Chapter 8❄️

Grusha's POV
*09:45 a.m.*
I'm heading to Y/N's house. Today she'll watch me do my work, I'm a bit nervous. She doesn't really like Pokémon battles, maybe this day will show her that nothing bad happens and that it can be interesting as well.
*09:55 a.m.*
Good, just 5 minutes to wait until Y/N is here. While I'm waiting Altaria came out and is quite excited, she's probably waiting for Swablu.
Y/N opened the door. She smiled slightly like she always does, this time with Swablu in her arms. She takes good care of her Pokémon, it was a good a idea giving her one.
When we were leaving, I asked her what she expected from my work.
„Nothing special. You battle against someone all day. I bet it takes you hours... I'm not even interested." she answered looking down, „It's boring for sure."
„You don't know about Gym Tests, do you?", if she doesn't know these, of course she'd think that I do the same every day. She shook her head.
„It's like a challenge. You need to pass to be allowed to battle against the gym leader. For each Gym there is one. Some are easier than the others and others are pretty difficult. My test is snowboarding, for example.", I explained.
„Snowboarding?"
„Let's talk about that another time... I'll tell you after my work."
„Here we are.", I said as we stood in front of the gym. Y/N stared at the building.
„I know that gym!", she mentioned casually. It is a good sign that she remembers it.
I suggested taking a look at how the gym test is going. Y/N agreed and so went to the slope and there were already some people snowboarding, who we were watching from above. This reminds me back to the time when I was snowboarding. I have to confess that I actually miss those times.

Y/N's POV
Snowboarding... childhood friend... this all was connected somehow.
I'm wondering what Grusha will tell me about the snowboard-thing... Anyways, I should concentrate on Grusha's work now.

„They need to be even faster than 2 minutes.",Grusha told me. It looks hard to be that fast, especially when you don't have experience with something like that. For me it would be impossible.
„Come, Y/N. The first trainer passed the test. It's time for the first battle.", when we had arrived the trainer was waiting already. It was a boy, who was about 12 years old. Wouldn't it be mean if Grusha just beats him? Poor boy, he looks so proud of himself!
It didn't take Grusha long to beat that boy. I felt sorry for him, but he didn't even seem to be disappointed or sad that he had lost.

I didn't think there are so many people wanting to battle against Grusha. It's boring. Nothing exciting happened, it's like everything was on repeat. Grusha was talking something about snowboarding, the 'dangerous snow' or mountains. I don't even know what exactly he meant or what he was talking anyways.
Even though it was boring watching those battles, it was admirable how Grusha was doing his work. He always threw his Poké Ball with such a grace, he's actually pretty cool. But he doesn't seem to really know that he's cool, it would be embarrassing to tell I'm though...
It's been one and half an hour now, and Grusha got his first break. He sat down next to me and sighed.
„Is it exhausting?", I wanted to know, because it seemed like it.
„I suppose it is, but I got used to it.", he said.
„And how much longer do you need to work?"
„Difficult to say, but I think about one hour more.", ugh, that's long... I closed my eyes for a moment and when I opened them again, Grusha stood up already to get ready for the next battle.
I never thought that a gym leader was so busy. I wonder why he even became a gym leader...

After 40 minutes Grusha had finished, luckily it didn't take him longer. I asked him if we could please do the battle with Swablu tomorrow, I really didn't want to do more things like that right now.
„I'd rather like to know whats with all the snowboarding.", that's what I waited for the whole time.
„Alright... We can go to my place this time. You haven't been there anyways.", he replied. I nodded and I followed him.
It didn't take us long to arrive at his house. When we sat down he started telling me everything.
„When I was younger I admired snowboarding. I really liked it, I just felt free and I had so much fun...", he stopped talking for a moment and looked down.
„However, one day I had a terrible accident with bad injuries. I had to stay in the hospital for about a month. Since then I've never been snowboarding again.", I wasn't sure how to feel about that, or what he felt right now. I leaned on his shoulder and said

„Grusha, that's the past... You... need to let go of it. Just... like I did. Horrible things happen. Accidents, mistakes, injuries, or even loosing loved ones. It all is part of our life. But things that are in the past should stay in the past."

I was surprised about how wise I sounded. I don't know if I could make him feel better about his experience. I hope so, though.
His ice blue eyes met min and he smiled.
„Thank you, Y/N.a
„Oh, by the way, do you want something to eat? It's getting 01:00 p.m. and we still haven't eaten anything.", Grusha asked and I nodded. I didn't even realize I got hungry.

He made a ponytail again and started preparing something!