Bella

Lee sat quietly at the back of the class, alone as usual. His neck was bent so his blonde hair curtained his face, obscuring it from view. He was staring out the window, in his own world, while other students gossiped and laughed. His uniform sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, showing his tanned and lightly freckled forearms. As though he sensed me watching, he pulled the shirt sleeve back down his arm. I sighed and continued writing.

As the class settled down and began working, I started feeling tension in the room. I brushed it off as stress for the test I was studying for, but whatever it was persisted. A few minutes later, my ears popped from what seemed like a change of pressure in the air. I glanced over at the window to where Lee was, and noticed that he was sitting rigid, still staring out the window. I frowned and looked out as well and found what he was looking at.

A creature sat in the bushes, it was around the size of a brown bear, but it was black and... My train of thought seemed to slam on its brakes as Lee whipped his head around to stare directly into my eyes from across the classroom. I felt an eerie sensation and my mind went blank, apart from a voice. His voice.

"Bathroom, now." The words seemed to echo in my head, but all my thoughts flooded back in as he stood up and raised his hand. He asked to go to the bathroom, and the teacher dismissed him. He walked out, still staring at the creature. As I watched them make eye contact, I shivered.

"M-miss? I need to go to the bathroom" I said abruptly and stood up. The teacher nodded, but not without giving me a suspicious glance. I walked out, not knowing what was happening or why I was doing this. I froze, realising that thing was still there. I couldn't bring myself to look at it, instead I looked up at Lee who was standing outside the bathroom giving me hurried beckoning gestures. I stumbled across the pavement to him, and we went into a cubicle.

"What the hell is happening?" I asked in a loud whisper. We were in the handicap toilet, so there was a lot more space than I first thought. He stood in the corner, facing the mirror. "Excuse me?" I asked, impatient and scared.

"I'm so sorry, Bella." He said and closed his eyes.

"Don't scream." He growled, his voice somehow deep and unfamiliar. We made eye contact in the mirror. I whimpered and reached for the door handle, but the lock clicked shut. I fumbled with it, desperately trying to get away from him. I looked up again and he was closer, a few steps nearer than he had been before, but still facing the mirror.

"You saw that thing out there?" He said in a voice different from the one I was used to, a deep, raspy hellish voice. I looked at his reflection, he had a strange smirk on his face, and his pupils were so dilated that the whole of his eyes were black. I nodded and swallowed.

"Lee summoned it. He wants you to know that it was an accident, and that..." He twitched, and I stared in horror as his face distorted into the face of the creature outside. "...That you should run."

I screamed, but it was cut off as the thing that used to be Lee turned around pounced on me and plunged its newly formed claws into my throat. I felt a burning sensation, the most pain I had ever felt in my life, as the claws ripped down my neck and dug into my chest.

I looked up, confused as the agonising pain started to fade because of shock. Lee's face was there, his normal face. Not the monster he was a few seconds ago. I tried to ask for help, to question what was happening and why it was, but blood just gurgled from my throat.

Lee's eyes teared up, and a drop fell on my face, tears mixing with blood. He gently placed a hand on my face, and then it was black.

-

I miss my writing horror stories and stuff phase, it was honestly so fun but i can barely write a proper sentence anymore. I was trying so hard to be "edgy" in intermediate LMAO