Lee

I sat crying in the bathroom, holding my knees and burying my face into them. Images flashed through my head, memories from just before.

I watched her in the mirror. She tried to escape, her brown eyes wide from panic. It used my powers to close the lock. I tried desperately to yell, to tell her to run as far away from here as she could, but I couldn't speak. I felt my throat open, and a voice straight from hell came out.

"Don't scream", it growled. My mind felt distant from the real world, and it was as if I was watching from behind a tinted window. "You saw that thing out there?" it said, and I immediately realised what was wrong. I had been possessed by the demon I summoned. I felt my face twist into a sick smirk.

"Oliver summoned it. And he wants you to know that it was an accident, and that..." I screamed internally, my face felt like it was tearing off as I watched it through the mirror, as it morphed into the demon's face. "That you should run". She screamed, and I tried to cry out that I was sorry for what was about to happen.

My fingertips felt like they were on fire, and I caught a glance of talon-like claws bursting out of my skin with a spurt of blood. I pounced on her, with an agility that I had never had before. My new talon-like claws dug into her throat, and blood gushed out. I lashed and tore down her neck, into her chest. Her eyes stared into mine, and I saw the life leave them. I had lost her.

I sobbed harder, knowing these memories would never leave. Neither would the demon, I thought. It wasn't my thought though, it was his. I could feel him, at the back of my mind, ready to take over and transform my body into his form.

I will leave eventually. His gravelly voice seemed to echo in my head, sounding as though it was coming from a great distance. It was disturbing how he could read my thoughts, and how he could speak inside my head. I'll leave when your frail mortal body fails me, when your time on earth has expired. I shivered and tried to ignore the voice.

I slowly stood. Bella's corpse was sprawled in the corner beside the door. Her light brown hair covered her face, no longer light brown but a dark red from the clotted blood. Her green eyes were still open, but cold and lifeless. I walked over to her, and gently shut her eyes.

-

how on earth did i have more friends while i was writing stuff like this than now??