chapter-4

She was waiting very near the café anxiously, occasionally pacing from place to place. Her eyebrows wrinkled together in nervousness for the small figure to show up.

Just at the time her head was starting to ache, the small figure showed up. Under the morning rays of the sun, her eyes seemed to shine a little brighter than usual. Her eyes looked pure, but there was always a cold sharp glint in them alongside strong indifference, which made people doubt her age.

As she looked at the figure nearing in, she started to get more anxious. The girl glanced towards her standing on the way and was about to continue her walk when she called her. She stopped just infront of her. She looked at her with meaningful eyes.By looking at her deep eyes she was able to calm down a little. As she looked at the girl with gentle eyes, she started to talk.

"You- "

She hesitated afraid that the girl would misunderstand her. But remembering something quickly, she did not want to hesitate. She quickly spoke up not wasting a second.

"Dear, do you want to stay at my house tonight? We have a spare bedroom that no one knows"

The girl that had a lazy and unfocused gaze slowly looked at her eyes, trying to decipher the meaning behind her words. Her thick eyebrows slightly creasing.

"Thank you for your kindness, but it it unnecessary"

As she said this, she stepped aside indifferently and continued her walk. As if she was unconcerned.

She looked at the girl's quietly returning back and sighed laboriously in her heart. Looks like she was not trusted by the girl. No matter how cold and indifferent the girl is to her, she always tries. Because she knows, under those cold and guarded eyes lies a gentle kindness. Maybe if it wasn't for that night, she wouldn't have ever known about the girl.

Ever since the girl moved into the cold and abandoned house about an year ago, she didn't try to talk to anyone. She didn't bother to make herself appear good. Even if she was surrounded by everyone with curiosity, she wore an indifferent expression. A few that were frustrated about her behavior spread the word that she is mean, cold hearted and unbothered.

Maybe she would be one of the many that would've believed it. She always sawcthe girl in the morning on the way to her work. She looked gloomy and unapproachable. She didn't see her in the night. Maybe because she packed up too early.

But one day, she had to stay late because of important matters at work. She didn't notice that it got very dark until her husband messaged her to come home quickly. She rubbed her eyes and closed the café with tired eyes. As she was on the desolate alleyway that seemed scarier in the night than usual. She shivered.

As she walked for few minutes, she stopped walking at hearing some noises at the junction that connects two alleyways. But remembering something, she didn't look and quickened her pace. But she was too late. She was grabbed from behind and thrown to the ground harshly. She looked at the terrifying sight of a man opening his fangs coming close to her face. It all happened in a blink that she was not able to react and stared dazed.

Until the man was kicked from behind harshly and rolled on the ground going unconscious. She quickly came into her senses and noticed that the creature was drunk. She looked at the other side and to her surprise, she was the least expected person that she could think of. She opened her mouth to say something but in the end she only managed to say "Thank you"

After the werewolves bloody war, everything was taken away from her, including her son who was in the military. She couldn't lie and say that she doesn't want her son safe and sound in home away from those beastly creatures. But she couldn't say no to her only son's ambitions. After learning of his son's death, her husband became so sick that he was close to death's door. The relatives that she considered her family turned a cold eye and ignored them.

With nowhere to turn, she had taken up the responsibility on her shoulders. She didn't trust anyone just like the girl. The one thing this war has taught her was the fragility of human relationships. She looked infront of her to see the girl's gloomy eyes looking at her without a hint of emotion. She came to a realization. It was better to trust these eyes than the ugly world.

Seeing that the young girl lived alone, she persistently looked after her whenever the chance she got. Seeing her cold nature she never bothered the girl to live with them. But remembering this cold night, she could feel a shiver running down her spine. She doesn't want the girl taken.