Chapter-5

The beautiful dusk of the sky gradually lost its colour. Instead replaced by pitch darkness. Under the darkness the sky, the moon didn't show its usual brightness. It glowed with deep reddish hue, creating a terrifying and nostalgic sight to behold.

The blood moon.

Under the influence of this terrifying night, there was not a single figure on sight. There seemed to be a harsh and cold wind blowing ruthlessly.

A young boy was squatting down the shelf of the closet, trying to make himself as invisible as possible. There was two figures in his sight, pacing. They've been waiting for a long time for them to come. Seeing the boy's fearful look, the older woman squatted down coming in level with his eyes. She comforted him with a soothing voice.

While the man seemed to wear a frown, with a tense aura like he was deeply thinking about something. He came out of his daze listening to the soothing voice. He sighed and squatted down next to the woman, and enveloped the three of them in a hug. The future is unknown. He just wanted to feel this for once.

They've waited for too long. Just as they were going to feel safe that they missed their house, there could be heard several footsteps. The man and the woman turned alert. The woman quickly closed the door of the shelf, until the man remembered something and stopped her actions.

"You- squat in with him. I'll deal with it"

The woman looked angrily at him and the man stopped his words that was going to continue. Hearing the footsteps stop, they held their breaths. There was a sound much harshertgan their beating hearts outside the door. They heard impatient persistent knocks at the door.

The door was slowly opened by the man to reveal a tall man, who towered over them. He looked bored, with a cigarette in this hand and when he noticed that the door opened, he revealed a calm smile, slightly viewing his fangs. Both of them felt a cold shiver run down their spine. He looked at the woman that looked pale and said

"Miss, are there any other people in the house?"

The woman slowly regained her complexion and looked at her husband that was upset and looked at the unsettling man. She took a deep breath and answered without stuttering

"No, we're alone"

The man's eyes turned ferocious. Before they knew it, something sharp came flying to them and there was a sharp pain in their necks that made them feel dizzy. They could hear the man's cruel voice ordering the people. They couldn't hear the words anymore. As their conscience was fading away they could hear shouts and cries of their child.
                                                ----- ----- ------

Looking at the man and woman on the floor, he let out a cold sneer and cursed in his mind. Hearing the shrill screams and cries of the boy upon seeing his parents, he felt irritated to the core. This kind of people made his job more difficult than it was. He wanted to go to the kid and teach him a lesson, but was stopped by his subordinate.

He was on their way back with the mutts in the vehicle, when he was going through a street. This street looked calm and peaceful, with no trees in sight, the clear moonlight falling directly. As he gazed through the window to the little shops that couldn't even hold a candle to the glorious things they had, he let out a satisfied tut.

Just as he was about to turn his gaze to the other side, he caught onto a little light coming amidst the desolateness of the empty shops.

"Stop the van"