chapter-6

"Stop the van"

He looked at the library that was glowing with a dim light in contrast to the neighborhood unlit lanterns, through the window  a frown.
"How could anyone work on this time?"

He quickly stepped off and told off the subordinate that wanted to follow. He got closer and closer to the glass door of the library, to find it closed. He cursed in his mind. He looked through the glass to find the lights in the library was a little dim and among them sat a girl, her features were blank and she leaned lazily on the chair, occasionally turning the pages of the book in her hand, her gentle eyes focused.

He glanced at her strangely for a moment and then he regained his composure remembering the purpose of his duty. The surroundings, along with the street were so desolate that the impatient knocks of his hands on the glass door was the only sounds that could be heard. Echoing a little and consumed by the hard wind.

The girl didn't respond for a long time. His eyes turned cold. As he was about to knock again, he saw the girl slowly turned towards the glass door and gaze up at him. She put down the books in her hand and calmly arrived before him without making a sound. As he gazed into her eyes which were deep, he felt that something was amiss.

He could hear a keys jingling sound, as she reached for something in her pocket. Soon she opened the glass door that acted as a bridge between one werewolf and one human. All the while, without a hint of fear on her face. The man looked at the small figure for a second with meaningful eyes. And then his cruel eyes twisted in understandment.

"Miss, are you alone?"

The girl's left eyebrow twitched, before nodding.

He sensed her heartbeat which was as calm as his and found that they were no other problems. He glanced at her in good light in a better mood. Suddenly the cold wind became harsher. He took out a cigarette and lit it, all the while being watched by the girl.

"Follow me, miss"

He turned his back. The girl watched his movements with amusement in her eyes. Looking at the cold back of the man, her eyes which were pure and emotionless previously, turned into a sinister curve, her deep pool of eyes surging with a new kind of emotions. The glass perfectly reflected the slight curve of her lips in the dim light.

Maybe it was due to the wind, but he felt cold all over. He felt shivers run down his spine. His wolf was on high alert. He looked confused as he observed the surroundings that were painfully quiet and took his gaze back to the young girl who was still rooted in her spot, glancing back at him. Her eyes looked pure and innocent like a lamb.
Nothing.

Was he imagining it?