Bonding

"Crystal? Is that you?"

A gentle hand was placed on my back. My eyes shot open, I'd been dreaming about Loki again. I looked up to see Tonowari kneeling over me.

Wait, why does he look bigger?

I looked down at my black, crystallized paws and started shaking violently. I let out a wail, my form shattered and I was left crying on the floor.

"No, no.." I covered my face.

Tonowari frowned and pulled me up into a hug.

"What is the matter?"

I buried my face in the crook of his neck and willed myself to stop crying.

"L-Loki.." I sniffled as he rubbed my back. "H-He was my c-companion back on Earth.."

"That is..your home planet, yes?"

I gave a small nod and pulled away from him. I wiped the tears from my face and stared at the floor.

"I lost him..not long before I ended up here. I guess..I guess my body decided to..take his shape while I slept."

Tonowari placed a hand on my head and ruffled my hair. I grumbled in response.

"I may not be able to change your past, but I can help you have a better future here in my clan."

I looked up at him. "Will you use me? Like how the Sky People wanted to?"

"I would never force you to do anything. Your abilities are for you to use as you please."

I gave him a small smile. "Can we go swimming now so I can clear my mind?"

"Of course." He rose to his feet and held his hand out to me. I took it and stood.

"Thank you."

Tonowari nodded and headed outside. I followed closely behind him.

"So, um..if you don't mind me asking, who were the visitors?"

"They hail from the Omaticaya clan. They came seeking refuge. The eldest male of the group is actually like you."

"How so?"

Tonowari glanced at me as I walked up beside him.

"He is from this "Earth" as well. He goes by the name Jake Sully."

My eyes widened slightly. "I know that name. He was one of the original Avatars. He was all over the news along with the others in his group."

Tonowari's brows furrowed as he tried to understand what I'd said.

"So he was..popular? Amongst you Sky People?"

I chuckled, "Yes, you could say that. I hope I get to meet him."

"Why?" Tonowari stopped and looked at me.

Is he jealous?

I stopped and shrugged.

"I was really interested in everything that was going on. Pandora was a new planet that we were exploring. Wouldn't you be excited or even interested about a new planet?"

"We would never have even known about a new planet. We do not have the same technology that your people have."

"They're not my people anymore.." I frowned.

Am I Metkayina now? Or am I just..a stray?

Tonowari placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I did not mean to upset you. I simply meant "your people" as in the people from Earth."