War

Colonel Quaritch had walked over to us and was currently staring out at the Na'vi. He sneered and ripped the communication device off of Neteyam, earning a hiss from the boy.

He shot Neteyam a warning glare before he began speaking to Jake.

I watched as the group stopped after receiving signal from Tonowari. After a few heartbeats, Jake began moving forward by himself.

My eyes widened.

No! That's a very bad idea!

I looked back at Quaritch. "Just leave him alone! He has a family!"

Quaritch shot me a glare, "I have a son and they killed me anyways. He deserves the same treatment."

I hissed and slammed my foot into his leg. He let out a pained shout as he stumbled backwards.

"You bitch!" He lashed his tail angrily, moved back over to me, and punched me in the face.

I yelled out and immediately hid my face between my arms.

"Crystal!" Tuk and Tsireya yelled in unison.

Neteyam growled.

"Shut up, the lot of you!" He raised his gun.

Damn, that was a bad idea.. I watched as blood dripped down to the ground. I closed my eyes. My face was throbbing.

"Hey!" Jake shouted from where he was. "Leave her out of it! It's me you want!"

I glanced up at Jake and then slid my gaze over to Tonowari. He looked pissed.

Suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, a Tulkun bellowed as it launched itself out of the water and crashed into the ship.

Colonel Quaritch stumbled backwards and began yelling frantic orders.

Quickly, while he was distracted, I shifted forms into a black, crystallized cat. I slipped free from the cuffs with ease and swiftly changed back.

Quaritch's head snapped towards me.

"Hey-!"

I quickly changed into an Ikran and crashed into him with a screech.

I heard battle cries from the Na'vi as they advanced on the Sky People.

Fighting broke out around me as I wrestled with Quaritch. He tried to stab me, but his knife broke on impact. I let out a triumphant cry and hauled him up into the sky.

"Put me down!" He tried to release himself from my grasp.

Only because you asked so nicely..

I flung him into the sea. I watched him flail all the way down before I focused my attention on Neteyam, Tuk, and Tsireya. Lo'ak had appeared and was freeing them.

I flew back down and changed forms.

"Crystal!" Tuk ran up and wrapped her arms around one of my legs. I placed a hand on her head.

"Are you alright?"

"Mm hm!" She nodded.

"Good." I looked at the others.

Tsireya quickly moved to my side. "Your face.." she frowned and reached out.

I swatted at her hand playfully, "I'm fine. We need to go."

"Yes, come!" Lo'ak called out before he hurried away, back the way he'd come.

I picked Tuk up and hurried after the group.

Lo'ak slipped into the water where he came up at, Spider was already waiting there. Tsireya climbed in after Neteyam and I handed Tuk off to her.

"Not so fast!" Quaritch stood behind me a few feet, panting and dripping seawater.

"Go!" I turned to face him and noticed he had a gun again a bit too late. Quaritch pulled the trigger and blasted me in the stomach. I gasped and keeled over.

This pain..

I fell to my knees and held a hand over my wound. I squeezed my eyes shut and shook violently from the pain.

Quaritch strolled over to me and grabbed onto my hair, he pulled my head up and dragged a whine out of me. He shoved his face into mine.

"You're gonna wish you were never born, you fucking brat."

I slowly opened my eyes to look at him.

"I-I already..wish that.." I gave a small smirk.

Quaritch snarled and kicked me in my wound. I yelled out loudly.

God fucking dammit!

"Quaritch!"

The colonel immediately released me and spun around.

"Jake Sully." He grinned.

I slowly made my way into the water; I was starting to get light headed, and I was too weak to swim. However, before I could sink beneath the waves, a familiar head breached the surface.

"Na'..wei.."

Na'wei gave a sad clicking noise before they slid underneath me and carried me away to safety.

Na'wei led me back to a group of Metkayina Na'vi. The last thing I saw before I lost consciousness was Tonowari's worried face.

I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes. I was back in one of the Metkayina huts. Ronal was sitting next to me, mixing an herbal paste, which she stopped doing when she noticed my movement.

"I am glad to see you awake." She set her bowl down.

"What..What happened?" I tried to sit up but she placed a hand on my shoulder to keep me down.

"You were shot while protecting the young. You almost died." She had a grateful look on her face.

I glanced down at my bandaged stomach.

"Did we win?"

"Yes. The remaining Sky People have fled from our waters.

"That's good.." I closed my eyes.

"Get some rest. I will let the others know you are alright."

Rest.. That sounds lovely..

A/N: Why did it feel longer than this when I was typing? Anyways, I hope you guys like this one! 🙃