war. [000]

┌──           ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆           ──┐

   "KINAM! BROTHER!" A voiced yelled over the crashing waves. The girl's ears flicked with anxiousness as her head whipped around in multiple directions, peering through smoke. "Brother!" She yelled again, racing on her ilu through other wounded. Tears clouded her eyes as she watched large creatures, now stomach up, in the sea that was colored red.

"Kinam!" She called out again, now breathless. The girl let out a loud gasp, spotting her brother's brightly colored beads, laying on top of his Tulkun. Jumping off her ilu, the girl quickly scattered on top of the Tulkun. "Brother!" she huffed out as she rolled his body face up. A shattering cry erupted from her mouth, looking at the smeared war paint mixing with the blood of his wounds. "Brother, please get up!" Her voice cracked as she shook the boy. "Za'tari?" he muttered slowly. "Yes, brother, it is me. Now get up. We have to go." She explained quickly through tears, watching other bodies of her clan lay in the water. Dead.

"Why are you here? You are far too young." he croaked, so hoarse he was not certain he had even been speaking. He wasn't wrong. The young girl was only of 10 years, compared to his 16. Tears dripped down her face, littered with ash. "Brother..." she whispered but before she could say anything else he gripped her arm. "Guide the people..." he started. "No...no...no...." she muttered. "They need you now." he continued slowly. "Take my bow, little sister." he groaned, raising his large bow as Za'tari gripped the handle. His free hand found itself on her cheek, his hand almost as big as her small face. He regretted not realizing how beautiful she truly was, but it didn't matter now, he knew his time was up.

"I see you, Za'tari..." he mustered out, followed by a cracked smile. The young girl quickly put her free hand on his, embracing his touch. "I see you, brother..." she said through hiccups. His grip on the bow grew limp as did his hand on her face. "Brother-" she started, watching his hand fall abruptly. "Brother!" She yelled as she shook him. No response. A loud shriek rang through the air, "Kinam!" She cried but he only stared back at her. Unresponsive.

"Please, brother, please!" She yelled, now cradling him, rocking back and forth with tears dripping onto his lifeless body. "Don't leave me." she whispered, hugging his body. Her grip on the bow grew tighter as she stared at the flames in the water, reflecting in her bright orange lemur-like eyes. Her brother was now with Eywa, his memories were now scattered with the ashes, it was now up to her to protect the people...

and she would.

└──                       ──┘