foreigners.[003]

The boy struggled, attempting to break free but the grip was too strong— though he continued to fight against his enemy's strength. "Let me go!" He mustered out, struggling to speak. He felt a sharp object make contact with his neck, causing him to send a furious hiss at his unknown captor.

"Scream and I will cut you." A heavily accented voice whispered in his ear.

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

"Shit." Lo'ak cursed to himself. His knuckles were almost white, gripping the dagger tightly. He could feel Tuk get closer to his leg, almost hugging it, shaking in fear. Jake's ears flicked as thoughts raced through his mind. Kiri held Tuk tightly in the middle of the group, dagger also at the ready.

Jake glanced at Tonowari on the other side of the group, giving an expression that said many words— that Tonowari seemingly understood. "We mean no harm!" Jake yelled loudly, putting his hands up in surrender. It was the only thing he knew they could do. They were surrounded. And they had his son.

"Metkayina! Raise up your weapons!" Tonowari ordered. The group raised their weapons slowly, uneasy about the surrender. There was only the sound of waves crashing against the shore as the Metkayina looked around. "We do not wish to fight!" Jake broke the silence, attempting to persuade the unknown.

     Scatters could be heard throughout the fog, making the group's heads shift in different directions. Lo'ak's breath became heavy from anxiety, wondering if he would be taken next.

   A loud horn blared, ear-splitting almost. It was followed by two other thundering horns, harmonizing. Ao'nung squinted into the fog trying to make sense of what was infront of him. Silhouettes appeared approaching the group rather quickly. The group shifted closer together, watching what had been hidden emerge from the fog.

They were na'vi— different, of course, but they resembled similar features of the humanoid species. Neytiri watched the na'vi approach the group, surprisingly, aiming arrows and staffs with sharp ends in their direction. Their clothing portrayed leather-like material and items from the sea. It was out of the ordinary for people of the reef to use such weapons. All but their fiery orange eyes were covered with tattered cloth wrapped around their head. "Drop your weapons and move!" One of the na'vi yelled over the horns, pointing ahead. The archer's arms drew back further, making the Metkayina to follow the orders.

"We move now." The voice spoke again in Neteyam's ear. He let out a grunt, feeling them forcefully move him. His hands were tightly gripped being his back— he wondered if his circulation would eventually cut off. "Who are you?!" He spoke. Pressure was applied to the blade, making him feel blood trickle down his neck. "Stop talking." The voice ordered. He inhaled deeply, not wanting to show pain or fear.

"Dad?" Tuk whispered quietly as they walked. "Shhh, Tuk. It's gonna be alright, ok?" He said giving her a warm smile. She only nodded, shifting her gaze to a masked na'vi. One rose his hand, signaling the group to halt, immediately stopping in their tracks.

    "Vula!" He announced, banging his staff twice. Sparks flew from the bottom, causing the Metkayina to take a few steps back. "What did he say?" Lo'ak asked Kiri, who had the same puzzled expression. "I don't-" She started before a gust of wind interrupted her. Sand flew everywhere as the Metkayina shielded their eyes from the harsh wind. The unknown na'vi stood unfazed.

Neytiri held onto Tuk tightly, afraid she might just blow away in the powerful wind. Light peered through the thick fog, gaining their attention. Ronal watched at a loss as the fog peeled away, revealing a much brighter environment. Bird-like creatures soared over them, roaring as they race past. Riders yelled war cries as they flew towards the mainland, they operated the creatures so effortlessly, leaving the group amazed.