Chapter 6: Christmas

More time has passed since the Quidditch Match. Potter and his triad are wary of me, to say the least. I've been catching Potter looking at me in class before realizing I'm looking right back at him and looking away. Granger is now officially friends with the two idiots, why? I will never know. 

I've gotten closer to the Slytherins. Draco pretends to be a pompous brat at times, but at others, he's no less caring than anyone else. He has a talent for potions and charms but is not the best at herbology or care of magical creatures. 

Blaise is interesting... He's more energetic out of class. I enjoy his company even though it gets confusing at times or exasperating like the number of times he's asked about Japan. Blaise had a savory tooth preferring savory food to sweet food.

Pansy is nice. I don't understand why she's so nice to me, but I like it in a way. She is a bit overly physical in the way of hugs, but I've gotten used to it. Pansy isn't really in 'love' with Draco, but since that's what her family expects she pretends to be in public. We all tease her about being overbored whenever we're alone or in the common room. 

Theo is the only one that doesn't leave their clothes lying around. He studies hard and enjoys the academic portion of the school. I study with him especially with the more magical aspects since I struggle with magical thinking. 

Professor Snape. He... is nice to me, at least that's what people keep telling me. Compared to what other students say about him, he is more lenient with me than others. I can't explain it, but I feel like I can start to trust him a little bit...

Christmas had come sooner than I'd thought. The snow coated the grounds of Hogwarts like a blanket. Though from our common room under the lake the light filtering through the ice when it first froze over was breathtaking.

 I had sent Chuuya a letter asking him to buy a couple of things for me, and that I'd pay him back. 

Christmas morning came. The cold was biting at my skin, I almost didn't want to wake up, but a warm tongue woke me up with a jolt. 

"Alright Kuro I'm up", I got up lifting Kuro into my arms. I started my normal routine. Brush teeth, shower, and use the bathroom. I had also bathed Kuro that morning. Unlike other cats, Kuro enjoyed the water and loved the suds in the tub. 

I woke the other boys up in the order that had become routine Theo, Draco, and then Blaise. They all woke up quickly, especially once they realized what day it was. We all made our way down into the common room where Pansy was waiting for us. 

"What took you all so long!", Pansy berated us with a smile. 

"Someone was a bathroom hog!", Blaise said looking at Draco

"It takes time to look this fabulous", Draco responded with a satisfied smile flipping his hair which wasn't gelled for once. 

"Come on let's open presents already!", Pansy said running to the tree. "Okay!, me first!", Pansy declared. 

"What?! Said who?", Blaise yelled 

"Says me. I'm the first one here!", Pansy said back with victory on her face. Blaise begrudgingly let the matter go. Kuro mewed in a way I assume was a laugh at the defeated Slytherin. 

Draco went first giving her, his gift to her. Draco got her a pair of emerald earrings that could change from hanging earrings to studs. Blaise gave her a book on charms since it was her favorite subject. Theo gave her a journal so even if we're not there she can rant about something. Lastly, I gave her my gift. It was a giant plush of a snake that was a pastel tone from the Slytherin green we all wore. Suffice it to say she love it all from the bear hug she crushed all our spines with.