Chapter 8: The Stone

Final exams were coming up. Theo was well prepared for the exams been fulling to tutor our more unmotivated friends. 

"Theo! Please we've been at this for hours!", Blaise complained while dramatically falling onto the couch.

"It's been 30 minutes...", Theo said deadpanning. 

"Come on Blaise it's not that bad", Draco said looking up from his paper and books. 

 "I'm gonna fail", Blaise says burying his face in a pillow. 

"Not if you pay attention!", Theo berates him. 

"Come on Blaise you can do it 10 more minutes then we'll take a break", I say with a chuckle at the childishness of our group. 

"Fiiiiiiiiine", Blaise says begrudgingly getting up. 

We all continued to study writing notes and reviewing with one another. Blasie started to actually focus as he continued. Once the 10 minutes were up. 

"Finally a break!", Blaise says getting up and stretching his arms. "Let's go get some food". 

"Not a bad idea", Draco says getting up as well. 

"Finally I'm starving", Pansy says joining the two. Theo agrees to put a pause on studying as we all made our way to the Great hall. The tables were filled with students who had a free period. Students were either goofing around or studying for the incoming exams. 

"I'm gonna get something sweet. Kaiyo do you want any coffee cake?", Draco asked walking along the isles between the tables. 

"Hai", I was getting more accustomed to British mannerisms, but my Japanese manage to slip out every once in a while. 

Draco just gave a thumbs-up as he walked to the plates of sweets at the end of the table. He brough5t back the two sweets. He got a cheesecake for himself and a slice of coffee cake for me. We all started to eat and Quirrell was at the teacher's table. He had a bandage around his wrists. 

My eyes widened in realization. We suspected he was a traitor, but we never thought he could... 

I regained my composure and proceeded with the day as normal. The group did mention my uneasy behavior at times but I just told them it was stress from the upcoming exams. 

When night came I warped out of the dorm using my ability. I appeared on the 3rd floor. Using the shadows to hide my presence. The door was locked but I just phased through appearing in front of a three-headed dog. And it was playing with... 

"Kuro!", I yelled. This is where he was all that time!

"Mew", Kuro turned to me with an innocent expression. The three-headed dog proceeded to growl at me before Kuro jumped in front of me. 

They growled and meowed back and forth before the three-headed dog backed down. 

"Good boy", I said petting the middle one's nose before petting the other two. 

"What's your name", I moved its neck to take a look at the collar. "Fluffy".

"You each deserve your own names", I said to myself thinking. 

"How's Raito for you?", I ask rubbing the middle one's head. The nuzzle into my stomach was enough of a yes. 

"Our name could be Nureta", I turned to the right head that had slobber coming out of the sides of his mouth. I stopped him from licking me with scratches on his ear.  

"And you can be Amai", I say to the head who was playing with Kuro. 

"I need to get to the stone before Quirrell does will you let me through", I asked petting the two unoccupied heads. They look at each other before moving off the trapdoor.