Chapter 13: Quidditch Again?

Days passed after someone tried following me into the Heart. I never found whoever was following me. I assumed it was Ron Weasley, but I crossed him off pretty quickly. Fred and George have no interest in following me, but rather bothering me once every blue moon. Percy has no interest in me other than enforcing ridiculous rules other perfects ignore. Ginny Weasley blots every time she even catches a glimpse of me. I have my suspicions, but even so, it doesn't make sense. 

During the past few days, no one's been attacked by the monster hiding in the chamber, but there has been an increase in attacks against our house. Recently a first-year was tripped going down the moving staircases. 

The teachers haven't done anything. They're more focused on the threat of the chamber while Slytherin students grow more anxious walking alone. I was fine on my own, but the group was more concerned now than ever. Draco tried to skip out on Quidditch practice to stay with us, but we never let him skip out. We kept telling him that we need him at his top game to beat Grifindor, but the truth was he was much safer with the Quidditch team which was mostly made up of older students. 

I was currently in the library. I've been looking through the books of magical creatures trying to find something, anything, even a small clue about the monster. If I didn't even know what the monster was. How was I expected to fight it, let alone stop it from killing someone?

I was sitting at a table, a notebook was open next to me with the requirements I made for the monster. It was a monster that Salazar Slytherin put in the chamber himself, he was fond of snakes so it wouldn't be surprising if the monster was a deadly snake. I have no clue how it kills though. According to pst reports the chamber's monster managed to kill one student, but the student didn't have any penetrating, she wasn't poisoned, and she wasn't strangled either. 

How did she die? I was shaken out of my thoughts when Granger set down her books and sat across from me. 

"Granger?", I said confused. Wasn't she close with Weasley? Why is she sitting across from me? 

"Am I not allowed to sit here?", She said looking at me, while taking out the rest of her supplies. 

"No... I'm just confused. Why would you sit next to me?", I asked. 

"I wanted to apologize for what happened with Ron and what happened", Granger said. 

"It seems as if Weasley is relying on you two to solve his problems for him", I said looking at Granger. "I'll say this once and you tell Potter this too. I have no interest in accepting an apology from either of you and even less from Weasley", I said narrowing my eyes. 

"Why? You could resolve this by forgiving Ron", Granger says trying to convince me not expecting me to refuse the apology. I gave an annoyed sigh shutting my book. 

"That would never resolve the problem. Weasley will never see me as anything other than a Sneaky Snake who is just up to no good", I said grabbing my things and preparing to leave. As I was getting up. 

"Is there really no way to fix things...", Granger says in a soft whisper. 

"Granger. I have nothing against you nor Potter, but I will not let Weasley get off believing he has done nothing wrong in insulting me and constantly assuming the worst of me and my house", I said stopping my movements. 

"If you want to look for what might be in the chamber of secrets you may want to start with the serpents", I finished walking away. The Quidditch game between Slytherin and Grifindors was happening today I need to make it to the pitch before the game started. I looked at the field the stands were starting to fill up. I started running to the pitch, and barely made it.