Part 9

Inside the elevator Blitz, Moxxie, Millie, and Loona float in the air, screaming, as the elevator plummets down the shaft. Suddenly the emergency brakes kick in and the elevator slows down quickly causing them to slam into the floor, knocking them out.

After a couple minutes, Blitz slowly awakens to find the elevator dark except for the light shining in through the wide open doors. He slowly gets up, groaning, and eventually stands up right. Stepping out of the elevator, he looks around to discover that they're in a mine.

"Goddammit!" Blitz exclaims. At the sound of Blitz's outburst, the other's awaken and stand up before leaving the elevator.

"Ugh, my head." Moxxie says, holding his forehead.

"Ugh, my back." Millie says, stretching her back backwards.

"Ugh, my everything." Loona says.  Moxxie looks around and then turns to Blitz.

"Where are we?" Moxxie asks.

"We're underground again, that's where!" Blitz exclaims before kicking a nearby miner's hat.

"At least it's better than with that psychopath." Millie says.  Blitz grumbles in annoyance as Loona furrows her brow in confusion.

"Hey, what happened to the zombies that fell onto our elevator?" Loona asks. Suddenly the roof of the elevator collapses and three zombies fall through.

"There they are!"  Loona says, pointing to the zombies. The zombies groan as they start to get up off the ground. The four demons then back away as the zombies look towards them.

"What are we gonna do!?" Moxxie asks, panicked.

"Same thing we always do when we're faced with unnecessary pain..." Blitz says while raising a finger into the air. He then turns and starts running down the mine. The rest then begin running after him, leaving the zombies far behind.  Loona catches up to Blitz.

"We can't just run from every damn zombie; we have to find weapons to defend ourselves." Loona says.

"Great idea, Loonie!" Blitz says.

"Don't call me that!" Loona says.

They eventually run out of the shaft and into a large chamber lined with wooden scaffolding. A large open elevator sits at the other end of the room. They look around and see zombies in miner attire wielding pickaxes and shovels. The zombies are breaking apart rock and loading it into wheelbarrows.

"What are they mining?" Millie wonders aloud.

"I don't know." Blitz says.

"Hey! You're not supposed to be down here!" A voice calls out. They all look up and see a zombie with it's head wrapped in bandages looking over a railing.

 They all look up and see a zombie with it's head wrapped in bandages looking over a railing

"Kill them!" The officer orders, pointing down at them. Suddenly the working zombies turn around and start shambling towards them. The four of them try to run back but see the zombies from earlier catching up with them.

"We're doomed!" Moxxie exclaims.

"Hey, I'm the only one who gets to say that!" Blitz says.  Blitz looks to the wall closest to them and sees mining equipment propped up against it.

"And I say we're not!" Blitz says before running over and grabbing a shovel. A zombie then tries to kill him with a pick-axe, but he dodges and cuts it's off with the shovel. The rest seeing this also grab various tools. Millie grabs a pick-axe and Moxxie grabs a sledge hammer. Moxxie then looks over to Loona.

"Um, what are you going to use?" Moxxie asks.

"What do you think, Fatty," Loona says before extending her claws. She then pounces on a zombie and tears its throat out with her teeth. She stands up and gets a queasy look. She then shudders a little.

"Oh now that's just disgusting." Loona says with a little tint of green on her face. The rest then begin hacking and slashing through the zombies. Meanwhile, on top of the scaffolding the officer zombie becomes annoyed.

"You idiots!  How hard is it to kill a three imps and a hellhound!" The officer exclaims.

"Well, we're not your ordinary imps!" Blitz says while splitting a zombies head with his shovel.

"Ugh, no matter I'll deal with you myself!" The officer says before floating over the railing of the scaffolding and down to their level. The officer then raises his hands above his head and a skull with glowing eyes appears in between them.

"What in Hell are you doing?" Millie asks while thrusting her pick-axe up through a zombies head.

"Making your lives much shorter." The officer says before the remaining zombies start grabbing their own heads. The face of a skull then appears in front of their faces and they begin running at the imps.

"Oh crumbs," Moxxie says.

"Oh come on just because they run now doesn't mean they're harder to kill," Blitz says before slamming his shovel downwards onto a zombie. It then dodges out of the way and Blitz's shovel hits the ground.

"Oh shit." Blitz says in shock. The zombie goes to kill him but Moxxie hits it in the head with his sledge hammer, making it's head explode.

"Thanks for the assist, Mox," Blitz says, giving him a thumbs up.

"Don't mention it, sir," Moxxie says.

"Um, guys - we still got company," Loona says. The group then begins fighting the more agile zombies. When they're done, they start walking up to the officer who looks at them with fear.

"Keep back, you freaks!" The officer orders before taking out a Mauser pistol. Millie then throws her pick-axe at the arm holding the gun. The pick-axe then embeds itself into the officer's arm, causing him to drop the gun and fall to the ground. He tries to grab the gun but Loona kicks it away.

"I'm getting real sick of you guys, you know that!" Blitz says to the officer while leaning down toward him.

"Fuck you!" The officer yells angrily.

"No, fuck you!" Blitz says before splitting the officer's head open with his shovel. Blitz then stands up and sighs happily. He then turns to everyone.

"Welp, that takes care of that," he says happily. He then turns to the open freight elevator.

"To the elevator." Blitz says before walking towards the elevator. The rest follow him and Millie takes her pick-axe from his the officer's arm. Behind them the parts of the officer's head begin to merge and he grabs his pistol. He slowly gets up and aims at Blitz from behind. Suddenly Millie  turns around and throws her pick-axe into the officer's heart. The officer falls back onto the ground and tenses up before going limp and turning to ash.

"Now that takes care of that." Millie says while dusting off her hands.