Chapter 9

Aria Jones

Aria Jones

It's currently 4:30 AM and I can't go back to sleep. I don't know why but I'm a bit nervous, it's not because of starting a new school, it's the feeling of my new roommate. I feel like something will happen today that will change my life completely.

~Half an hour later~

I literally cannot sleep. Stupid roommate, your ruining my beauty sleep. Well I'm up now so better get my pills.

I stood up from the couch since I didn't go to room yet because I was too tired. The marble floors are so cold I'm going to end up turning into an ice statue. No but seriously the floor is cold and so is the actual rest of the place. I go and make my way to the heating thingy majigy. Hey, don't blame me. Mother never told me what it was called.

I walk down the hall a little more until I see an I-pad on the wall. Now all I have to do is see how to work it.

I still don't know after looking at it for over 30 minutes. So I ended up with the decision of calling Alex.

Phone Call

Alex-  Hey bambino, what on earth are you doing awake at this time?

Me- Alex, I don't care no more about sleeping. This place is so cold i'm going to die. So I need help with something.

Alex- You dont know how to work the heating?

Me- How did you- never mind. But yes don't know how to.

Alex- Ok tesoro, I'll be there in 15 minutes.

Me- Thank you Alex.

Thankfully Alex would come over and figure out how to work it.

~10 minutes late~

I hear a knock at the door and head over to open it. "Hey Alex that was fast." "When it comes to my baby of course." We exchange a hug and start walking to one of the many hallways.

Alex stops and starts working the heat but something is off. She has bags under her eyes and she would never leave her house without covering them. Her hair was messy, clothes not at perfection. I mean it is 4 am but she would wake up at 3 am to get ready for work.

"Alex?" "Hmm" She hummed in response. "Are you alright?" "Oh yes baby" This time she looks at me and smiles a tired smile. "Just work, that's all."

I leave it at that as I know Alex. She will tell me when the times right. " I'm done now mia cara."{my dear} "Thank you Alex, you have helped me a lot these past 2 years." "Aria, you deserve it and never forget that, now go back to bed, you have a busy day tomorrow. Wait today, mio dio. {my lord}

Alex left after that. So I went back to the couch. She was right. Today I was going to be busy.