13

WALKING TOWARDS the cafeteria I was annoyed, really annoyed.

There was no one in the room but a woman, Kotoko. I sighed grabbing something off the shelves and she accidentally dropped the cookie that was in her hands.

I bend down to pick it up as I handed it to her "These taste good." I smiled.

She looked at me and was about to walk away "Kotoko, may I ask you something?" I said and she turned around looking at me unsure.

"I know this game is all about trust, but.. I don't trust my partner anymore after my other partner died. I think he is the Jack of Hearts.." I said.

"I feel like he's been trying to get rid of me since the start, he's tried it before.." She looked confused as she stood there.

"I'm not asking for much.. just tell me my symbol, please?" I asked and I turned around.

"H-heart." She said and walked back upstairs.

'I can trust her.'

I walked back upstairs locking eyes with Chishiya and I looked away annoyed.

IT IS TIME TO ANSWER. PLEASE ENTER A SOLITARY CONFINEMENT CELL OF YOUR CHOOSING.

I stood up and walked over to one of the cells and opened the door.

Inside I was waiting for the voice to command us an answer.

PLEASE GIVE YOUR ANSWER.

"Diamond." I said folding my arms over each other.

The timer was over and an explosion was heard.

After a bunch of laughter and waiting for a little, I opened the door excited for what to come.

"I had a feeling you were the Jack of Hearts." Chishiya said toward Matsushita and I walked over to him.

"Next time be less obvious." I said smirking putting my hands in my pockets "How did you guys.."

"You teamed up with Banda from the start, and he's a murderer, so it just made sense. Even if somehow, you were moved by Banda's little monologue, I knew you wouldn't trust him. You don't trust strangers. And certainly not as fast as that." Chishiya explained as another door opened and Banda was revealed.

"Most people won't even talk to a guy like me. But you wanted to kill me. I could sense that in you right away. So I wanted to see if you were smart, or just stupid, or whether you were a true psychopath. You mean... You thought you were controlling me this whole time. But I was manipulating you into thinking that way." Banda explained and I scoffed.

"Ultimately, it was your huge superiority complex that gave you away. You know at the start of the game I could see it on your face, just like I could see it on other people's faces. You looked confident but suddenly when you were forming your team with Banda you looked all, changed. Like you put a mask on.." I said looking to the side and then back at him.

"Of course, I didn't know from the start you were the jack, but I didn't cross you away just yet." I smirked.

"That kind of self-importance usually comes from being put in a special position. Something that made you feel untouchable. Like being chosen as the Jack." Chishiya looked at him.

"You guys are wrong, Banda is the jack of hearts!" He pointed at Banda behind him and Yaba appeared.

"Sorry kid, It's not Banda. You and Kotoko were connected. I told Kotoko what her symbol was. And yet, she still died. Which means Kotoko was being manipulated by someone other than me." He explained putting his hands in his jean pockets.

"Well, then, you should be accusing her instead." He said pointing at me and I raised my eyebrow at him.

"From that 2 minute conversation we had? Oh please, don't tell me you thought I didn't see you hiding behind the wall.." I looked at him as I crossed my arms and scoffed.

"Every time I went to the cafeteria, you and Kotoko would always be there, at the same time getting that same snack. Even the conversation we had earlier. Just when I was on my way to walk inside you walked out. However, you didn't stop to think I could have noticed if your footsteps stopped, those shoes you got on make a whole lot of noise." I explained.

"You and Kotoko were secretly communicating in the cafeteria. There were four different flavors of the snack. You would confirm your symbols by checking the packaging, using those snacks as a code with each other. We caught on pretty quickly." Chishiya said referring to him and I.

"And then, you told Kotoko to give me the wrong symbol. I really did trust her, except at the end." Yaba said as Matsushita gasped.

"When did the four of you guys start working together?" He exclaimed.

"Well, the very first announcement said that this game is about how much we can trust one another. So we simply followed that principle. In order to gain someone's trust, you can't control, or manipulate, or guide them in any way. You can't brainwash or hypnotize them, lie to them or instill fear. It's called equality."

"Wait a sec. What makes you so sure it's me? The Jack of Hearts could easily be one of you guys. Okay, maybe I did try to blame everything on you by setting you up, but look! But that's not enough, huh? You guys don't have any proof that I'm the Jack of Hearts, huh?" He trembled sweating and I scoffed.

"You sure about that?" Chishiya asked "Huh?" 

"Just think about it. If they suspected that you were the Jack, then why did you survive this last round? Why didn't Banda lie? Tell you the wrong thing? The reason you're still alive is because you're the Jack. And these guys planned to keep you alive because they decided they wanna get information out of you." He explained walking closer to Matsushita and I smirked as he went pale.

Walking outside with food in my pockets I took from the game I smiled.

"I have a question Chishiya, what was the real reason you were being so cold to me. I've been thinking and it started after I talked to Banda.. were you jealous?" I smirked looking over at him.

"No." He said and opened the gates as I chuckled.

"You definitely were.." I mumbled walking through as an explosion was heard in the sky and we stopped walking to look up.

The blimp exploded as the huge card fell down and I felt the heat of it as I stepped back.

"Let's get to walking before some pieces hit us." I said putting my hands in my pockets "Good idea. It'll be dark soon, let's find a safe place to sleep." Chishiya said walking further as I followed him and smiled.

"I can't wait to see Tatta again, do you think they're searching for us as well?" I asked and he looked at me "Maybe, we'll see after we rest."

____

🂶

I just wanna upload this before I go and see a movie with my friend.

didn't proof read ill do that after

I'm gonna probably be doing more than 1 ending since my heart can't take it to just leave them not remembering and that be the ending.

maybe even more chapters after borderlands ends

love yall <33