16

WARNING

EXTREMELY FUCKING SAD SHIT

MY FACE lit up knowing I'd probably see my friends again.

I started walking faster ignoring the ache and pain in my middle.

"Arisu!" I yelled smiling feeling myself get all emotional as he finally looked at me.

I started slowing down as we looked at each other and he smiled "You're alive."

"Of course I am, I'm fucking Misa Nishikawa." A smile so wide appeared on my face as did his.

"Are you okay? Where's everyone?" I asked looking around for the others.

"Where's Tatta?" I asked happily and I could see the corners of his mouth fall slightly as Chishiya slowly walked closer.

Oblivious, I stayed smiling noticing his completely fell and I shook my head slightly with the smile still on my face.

"That's not funny Arisu." I punched his arm slightly slightly with a concerned chuckle, slowly realizing.

"Misa.." "Arisu, that's not funny." I looked down feeling my eyes get watery and heavy.

"He didn't.. make it.."

"No, no no no.. don't do this to me.."

"I'm sorry.."

My lip trembled as I tried not to cry "He didn't, you're just joking right? Tell me you're joking Arisu, this is not funny." My voice broke as I held his arms and he looked at me with tears.

"Arisu.. no no no." I turned around as I put my hands in my hair and started walking in circles.

"You're lying, you're fucking lying." I looked at him tears in my eyes and he shook his head.

He was dead, Tatta was dead.

I breathed in as I finally broke down and my legs started shaking so I let myself fall on my knees.

I cried, I sobbed, tears streaming down my face, I was so convinced he was gonna make it, he promised me.

"When..?" I looked up with blurry vision.

"The first game we played after we got separated.." He said and I felt a pang in my heart.

I frowned as more tears rolled down my cheeks "Was he, was he happy.. when he went..?" I needed to know, I could never live with myself if he suffered in his last minutes.

"He was.. he sacrificed himself, otherwise we wouldn't be here.. He spoke of you in his last words, Misa." Arisu smiled slightly through his tears.

"He told me to give you this.." He said and he reached into his pockets and grabbed something that was attached to his pants.

He handed the items to me and I froze grabbing them.

His hat? And a piece of paper?

Was he prepared to die..?

More tears rolled as I finally opened the paper and inside was a note with a lot of spelling mistakes, some blood stains and some water marks meaning he probably cried while writing it.

Hey Misa,

If your reading this I didnt make it and wasnt with you while I went.
And your probably finding this really corny because I know you but I cant go without thanking you.
You helped me at the start of our first game together and you were like the sister I never had that gave me the love I deserfed.
I want you to have my hat because I know it would suit you, and I know you would cherish it.